REDE - Research & Development
Gordon, GA, US
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Senior Chemical Engineer (1805268) – Gordon, GA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to support the interface between Manufacturing, Research, and Commercial groups within the Refining Catalysts business. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing major strategic projects for new product commercialization, new manufacturing process research, and process optimization. You will be a member of the FCC R&D group (RCC/CF) located at the MIDGA site in McIntyre/Gordon, GA. The MIDGA site produces microspheres from the Middle Georgia location into final catalysts through zeolite crystallization, ion exchange, and calcination.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
Create Your Own Chemistry:
- Demonstrating your knowledge and/or experience in alumina/minerals, zeolite, or catalyst manufacturing and strong project management skills you will be a valued asset as you act as the project leader for projects of advanced difficulty as well as a team member supporting additional R&D efforts.
- Leveraging your education and industrial experience in Chemical Engineering, Inorganic Chemistry or Surface Chemistry, you will be responsible for managing the microsphere pilot plant including planning and scheduling of work, maintenance planning, and ensuring proper EHS best practices are followed. You will be the MIDGA site leader, expected to operate independently with offsite managerial support.
- Your background in ceramics, ion exchange, liquid solid separation, calcination, drying, material science, and/or prior catalyst manufacturing will be beneficial in this role as you engage across the organization, work closely with Manufacturing, Marketing, EHS, Finance, and Research for scale-up of new products and major refinements of existing products.
- Your unwavering commitment to workplace health and safety will be essential as you address EHS requirements at BASF and other manufacturing sites with the goal of meeting standards for Zero Incident and Zero Loss of Containment Mindsets. Additionally, you will work to proactively raise the standard for EHS at all sites for all projects.
- Maintaining full technical accountability for interpreting, organizing, documenting, executing, and coordinating assignments, you will develop and communicate detailed project plans and project proposals, communicate and present project results, and lead the commercialization or implementation of projects of responsibility.
- Utilizing your strong problem-solving ability, you will plan and develop project scope with regard to unique problems which have impact on major strategic initiatives.
- Your proven organizational skills will be a valued asset as you explore options, develop project scope for major projects, and recommend approaches based on conventional and novel approaches.
- Effectively communicating within the business, you will report results to Management for approval to implement in existing facilities or consult capital project development for new facilities.
What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.