The System Engineer III shall perform all administration and engineering tasks associated with designing, deploying and support on premises and cloud infrastructure. We are seeking an individual with extensive hands-on experience in cloud technologies, service oriented platforms, and hybrid solutions across locations. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Hardens, secures, and automates the deployment of Windows and Linux operating systems.
Understands networking and core Internet protocols, Layer 2 switching understanding as it pertains to interconnecting SAN, VMware and blades, provides Tier 3 support of all client facing applications, including tuning Microsoft SQL server, Windows.
Provides Tier 3 support of all infrastructure to include Windows server, SQL, SharePoint, ESX 5.5, Storage platforms, Azure, AWS and third party utilities.
Designs and implements system automation processes to support third party applications.
Provides Tier 3 support for Windows Servers (2008-2012R2), networking gear (firewalls, layer 3 switches, and various Citrix network appliances), Citrix, virtualization software, SAN, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Works directly with other systems administrators & engineers supporting all infrastructure, creates Network and System designs as required. Works with IT Change Request process to ensure all changes are tracked and performed correctly.
Works autonomously on assigned projects with the ability to provide deliverables on time.
Assists with efforts to manage and maintain Backup and Recovery strategy.
Has experience with cloud services such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
Assists with the development and revision of IT Standard Operating Procedures and in creation of project plans, time lines, and budgets for projects as necessary.
Maintains and enhance current infrastructure systems, and propose new methods for managing and optimizing these systems, ensures system monitors and alerts are properly defined for all infrastructure systems.
Participates in disaster recovery planning and testing, proactively seeks to prevent problems or issues from arising by working with either in house staff or third party vendor.
Performs after hours support duties as required to sustain networking systems and service levels.
Has strong written and verbal communication skills and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Telework possible 1 day/week +/-
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 years serving in a System Administrator role
- Experience with advanced IT technologies: Cloud Computing (Private, Public, and Hybrid), virtualization, software defined networking, software defined datacenters, Service-Oriented Architectures, datacenter architectures, or web services.
- Strong customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team. Ability to research and resolve problems efficiently and accurately with knowledge of the cloud computing industry, including key technologies, vendors, and trends.
- Strong system and network troubleshooting ability.
- Familiar with Federal policy requirements for Federal information systems and familiarity with the applicable OMB Circulars, DoD Directives, NIST SPs and FIPS standards, FISMA, C&A process.
- Certifications with a cloud provider such as AWS or Azure is preferred.
- Performs detail oriented task in an independent environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience providing project briefs to senior executives.
- Preference of Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain workload in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Data center Storage Networking
- Network Virtualization
DHS Background Investigation
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.