We are looking for a Accounting Assistance Clerk to provide financial, administrative and clerical support. Responsible for handling customer calls, data entry, accounts receivable processing. Support accounting staff as directed by the Office Manager. Background in accounting is preferred. Knowledge of transportation & logistics is a plus.
- Sort driver paperwork and prepare invoices
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Identifying/sorting paperwork
- Entering invoices in accounting system
- Answering phones
- Organizing and maintain files
- Support accounting staff as directed by the Office Manager.
- Team player, good at multitasking, organized, a willingness to learn and self-sufficient without direct supervision.
- Efficiently compile and analyze data while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Extensive computer skills and knowledge, specifically in a Windows environment with Excel, and Word and the ability to quickly learn a new accounting system.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Set and adjust priorities, organize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, work independently and collaboratively, and maintain efficiency during peak workload.
- Respond professionally to stressful interpersonal situations, establish and maintain good working relationships with peers.
- Requires regular and punctual attendance.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism including maintaining confidentiality.
- Two years of post-high school education or equivalent training preferred.
This is an hourly compensated position with the expectation of 40 hours a week with flexible schedule during normal business hours. Healthcare and PTO available.
Please provide resume, cover letter with pay considerations and list of (3) personal and (3) professional references when applying.
***Must be drug free and pass Pre-employment and Random Drug Tests and Background Check***
Salary: Depending on Experience
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Suite: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Office Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)