Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is a beautiful new 152- bed state-of-the art psychiatric facility located in scenic Central Massachusetts. We are seeking experienced and motivated psychiatric nursing professionals interested in joining a compassionate and dynamic multidisciplinary behavioral healthcare team dedicated to enhancing the quality of care for patients and their loved ones. Westborough Behavioral will provide behavioral health services for children, adolescents, adults and seniors in addition to Women’s, LGBT, and co-occurring substance use specialty units.
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the delivery of high-quality, safe and effective nursing care to our patients at Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital. The Nursing Supervisor assumes the authority, responsibility and accountability of supervising professional and ancillary staff and nursing units’ activities on the assigned shift to assure compliance with regulatory standards and facility/departmental policies.
- Establishes and maintain effective working relationships with physicians and health professional affiliates, patient's facilities, and nursing staff.
- Assist in coordinating and supervising services on assigned units to achieve a comfortable and positive patient care atmosphere.
- Performs regular rounding on nursing units that includes but is not limited to: monitoring licensed and unlicensed staff, monitoring patients who are acutely ill, greeting all new admissions.
- Ensures staff treats patients with dignity and respect.
- Assist in creating a team-oriented atmosphere that enhances quality of patient care and experience.
- Provide support and direction for nurses including, but not limited to: assisting in assessment and care planning for patients who may be experiencing a change in condition, assisting with task management and setting priorities, providing education, and obtaining appropriate supplies/medications.
- Monitor and assure that incidents, accidents, and patient/staff complaints are reported and documented appropriately.
- Assist in determining incident root cause and in initiating preventive measures/interim safety plan. Assure communication to all responsible parties (including hospital administration and unit managers).
- Facilitate communication between licensed nurses and providers, responsible parties or outside vendors as needed to ensure patient care needs are promptly and appropriately met.
- Assure complete and accurate documentation through spot-checking and ongoing supervision.
- Responds to facility emergencies and ensures appropriate escalation and documentation.
- Identifies and reports staff performance issues to unit management team.
- Assists in ensuring adequate staffing for assigned shift.
- Takes corrective action in response to disciplinary issues according to Human Resources and Nursing Department policies in consultation with unit management when necessary.
- Graduate accredited Nursing Program.
- Two years of experience preferred in inpatient mental health settings at a management level.
- Current RN license to practice in the state of Massachusetts and BSN.
- Current BLS CPR certification.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities required:
- Current RN license; BSN required.
- Two years of management experience preferred
- Experience in inpatient mental health settings at a management level
- Advanced knowledge and skills; skill in maintaining information as highly confidential
- Skilled in flexibility, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Stress management skills, crisis management skills; skills in analysis and evaluation; sound clinical judgment and decision-making
- Skills in clinical supervision and basic skills in personnel management concepts and methods
- Basic teaching or training skills preferred
- Able to understand and apply applicable standard and regulations
- Ability to meet deadlines; ability to work independently.
- Must be able to concentrate on work amid distractions such as noise, conversations, and foot traffic; must be flexible in work hours in order to meet patients and hospital operating needs.
For more information about our programs, please visit us at:
Job Type: Full-time
- Inpatient Behavioral Health: 2 years (Preferred)
- BLS/CPR (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Required)
Relocation Assistance Provided: