Nason Care provides services seven days a week on a walk-in basis. At Nason Care, you will be part of a dynamic, motivated growing team providing high quality healthcare to our patients.
Our new state-of-the-art center focuses on the episodic treatment of acute illnesses and injuries. We have a comprehensive lab (that includes hematology and chemistry) and full scope digital imaging suite including x-rays and CT scan. We are open extended hours (8a-8p) seven days a week, closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Easter Day.
The CMA/RMA is an integral part of a multidisciplinary care team. Under the direction of licensed nursing personnel; the CMA/RMA within the scope of training and practice guidelines performs a variety of technical and specialized skills that assist with addressing the comfort and personal care need of the patient. Responsibilities may include but not limited to measuring vital signs, specimen, collection, phlebotomy, administering blood glucose testing, repositioning, transporting, performing EKGs, measuring I & O’s and electronic documentation. Direct observation and monitoring of patients deemed to be a risk to self or others. Care is provided to all patients based on age specific development and cultural diversity. Performs necessary clerical duties by computing and maintaining records for nursing unit. Overall management of the nursing station including taking off physician orders, answering telephones, answering patient call lights and obtaining supplies and other duties as needed. Also accepts additional tasks assigned. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
Supervision Received: Reports to MD, PA, NP, RN
· CMA/RMA perform basic clinical tasks, such as administering IM or SubQ medications, vital sign measurement, phlebotomy, and assisting with physical examinations and patient education.
· Escort patients to exam rooms, measure any vital signs, and record important information in to patient charts.
· Performing routine medical tasks such as drawing blood through non-invasive procedures, removing sutures, changing dressings, and administering medications while under supervision.
· Checking the stock on a regular basis for maintaining the inventory level, and placing orders if required.
· Using computer applications, answering telephones, welcoming patients and scheduling appointments.
· Adhering with the protocols, norms, rules and regulations in order to maintain complete medical records.
· Maintaining hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures.
· Improving the nursing practices and healthcare outcomes.
CMA/RMA may not perform the following:
· CMA/RMA are not allowed to perform invasive procedures such as: placing a needle or starting and disconnecting the infusion tube of an IV oradministermedicationsor injections into the IVline.
· CMA/RMA are not allowed to insert catheters as this is considered an invasive procedure and is not in the scope of practice of a Registered Medical Assistant.
· CMA/RMA cannot interpret the results of skin tests (i.e. Tuberculosis (TB), although they may measure and describe the test reaction and make a record in the patient's chart. TB skin test must be read by a licensed personnel (i.e. RN, MD, NP, PA).
· CMA/RMA must have completed an accredited medical assisting program.
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification prior to hire.
· Current Advanced Life Support (ALS) preferred.
B. Education: CMA/RMA Certification required. Must have graduated from a medical assisting program (may be a one-year certificate or diploma program or a two-year associate degree program that is accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation).
C. Experience: Acute experience preferred. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal and external customers. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
D. Special qualifications: Effective communication skills; both orally and written, with flexible interpersonal skills to facilitate the exchange of information within all levels of the organization. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Involves general guidance and direction by MD, PA, NP or RN. The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established practice policies and procedures.
Patient Experience Performance Expectations:
LEADERSHIP: Demonstrates that everything in the culture is focused on patient and family centered care.
· Creates an environment of constructive change and flexibility.
· Creatively responds to new situations and processes.
· Viewed as an inspiration and resource for others to implement change.
· Regarded by others as an individual who meets commitments.
HEARTS AND MINDS: Hearts and minds of all team members and providers are fully engaged.
· Provides positive influences on team.
· Actively promotes team culture through open, honest feedback.
· Puts team ahead of personal needs/agenda.
· Brings conflict into the open and resolves issues.
· Champions cost effective behaviors in others.
RESPECTFUL PARTNERSHIP: Anchors each care interaction in a respectful partnership, anticipating and responding to patient and family needs (e.g., physical comfort, emotional, informational, cultural, spiritual and learning).
· Anticipates, addresses and resolves customer needs and problems.
· Anticipates, identifies and removes barriers that block the delivery of an exceptional patient experience.
· Is regarded by others as an individual who meets commitments.
· Uses Service Excellence standards and helps others understand and use the standards.
RELIABLE CARE: Delivers reliable health system approaches and methods.
· Works to increase team productivity by introducing new concepts.
· Is regarded as an influential team member by encouraging creativity and innovation.
· Anticipates needs and takes appropriate actions to meet needs in advance.
EVIDENCE-BASED CARE: Working as a team to instill confidence by providing collaborative, evidence-based care.
· Identifies, generates and leads process improvement and cost effective initiatives.
· Shares and promotes new processes and verifies understanding.
· Achieves team engagement in new initiatives.
· Leads by example.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 12 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday