Working as part of a small team, this position handles natural gas pricing requests for both large commercial and mass market customers, including evaluating RFPs and calculating various swing and risk premiums. The position will be heavily involved in the monthly closing process as well as expansion into new gas markets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Works with quantitative analysts to maintain and utilize a retail pricing model that interacts with wholesale curve and retail load projections for structured and new products.
- Handles non-standard pricing requests, including calculation of appropriate swing and risk premiums.
- Analyzes RFPs for large commercial opportunities.
- Assists sales team with pricing assistance requests.
- Assists with the monthly closing processes.
- Researches new gas markets, analyzes tariffs and creates new pricing models.
- Maintains and improves mass market pricing model, including adding new service territories and products.
- Maintains and enhances tool to calculate weather normalized load data and assists as needed with normalizing load data.
- Assists as needed with daily reconciliation of fixed price position reported by deal capture system to position in hedge book, including identifying and correcting any discrepancies.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline preferred
- 3+ Years' experience required, preferably in the energy industry
Advanced to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Natural gas pricing or trading experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of retail natural gas programs is preferred.
- Strong process-orientation with outstanding organizational skills and the utmost attention to detail.
For Canadian hires: AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person's ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For U.S. hires: U.S. affiliates of AltaGas are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.