Temporary Financial Analyst
Global Environment & Need for Innovation
The need for innovation is compounded when we face the realities of our changing climate and consumption patterns. Population growth projections show us that over the next 50 years we will need to double our food production.
Changing weather patterns have created an unstable environment for agriculture. Extreme weather conditions, water shortages, flooding, crop diseases, weed adaptations, shortages of skilled labor and increasing costs are putting additional pressure on the agricultural industry.
Growers are looking for more from their seed suppliers. Product performance is the starting point. Innovative solutions and shared technical knowledge is one way to respond to these global challenges to feed the growing population.
Who We Are
VoloAgri Group, Inc. is a family of global brands dedicated to vegetable seed technology and breeding and devoted to Cultivating Global Health™.
We take pride in serving our customers with innovative vegetable varieties and reliable, customized technical support solutions.
Our innovative varieties offer increased yields, improved disease resistance, labor friendly and post-harvest processing advantages along with exceptional taste and nutritional traits.
We want to help our customers grow food in a sustainable way. We strive to provide them with the latest technology and market insights through our global breeding and marketing platforms.
Who We Serve
VoloAgri Group, Inc. is focused on concept and product innovation to support growers around the globe via customized solutions through two main brands.
Our Axia Vegetable Seeds® brand is focused on those crops grown under Protected Culture (Greenhouse) conditions.
Our US Agriseeds® brand is focused on Open Field Culture.
Both brands have a global presence providing regional agronomic support.
We believe that close partnerships with growers are critical to breed superior, healthy vegetable varieties. We chart our own course by offering our customers the best-in-class service and technical support.
We are committed to delivering innovative solutions and providing high quality products, customized service and technical support to growers.
We are committed to delivering a superior customer experience that exceeds expectations at every touchpoint.
We are devoted to: Cultivating Global Health™
We want to partner with You, listen, and understand Your needs. Our customers are always at the core of all that we do…
Temporary Financial Analyst
Job Title: Temporary Financial Analyst
Term: Up to 6 Months
Reports to: Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
In summary, responsibility for hands-on support of financial planning & analysis function of a dynamic, high-growth, multi-national vegetable seed company.
- Support the annual operating budget completion, in partnership with the Corporate Office, Director of FP&A, the functional leaders & budgetary managers
- Prepare revised quarterly forecasts based upon the facts, circumstances and trends of the business
- Provide budget-to-actual variance analysis for flash, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for the Company as well as at functional, subsidiary & cost center levels
- Provide functional/department leaders business partner support, through business modeling and pro-forma analysis to support strategic decision making in day-to-day operations and new programs
- Conduct in-depth capital budgeting analysis on projects and investments (ROI, payback, etc.)
- Develop, evolve and publish regular KPI/metric reporting (sales, gross margin, financial) to track results and identify trends
- Lead initiatives to improve and automate forecasting and reporting tools
- Aids with business and financial modeling and integration for company acquisition activity
- Support the Accounting group with reporting and analysis as needed
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis to support the business
- Office setting located in warehouse environment. Possible exposure to dust and noise
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time temporary position, 40 hours per week and up to 6-month duration.
- Local travel may be required
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS in business administration, finance or accounting required
- A minimum of five years working in a FP&A capacity, including team building/managerial responsibility
- Strong, working knowledge of accounting principles and finance concepts
- Strong emphasis on anticipating issues, ensure data integrity and accuracy of details while being capable of higher-level interpretation and explanation
- Demonstrated history of financial modeling and business partner mindset
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques and analytical skills
- Experience with ERP financial systems and inventory tracking software necessary
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office products, strong Excel skills
- Strong team player, self-starter, positive can-do attitude and high integrity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for effective vendor & internal staff communication
- Excellent judgment and a business-partner mentality
- Attention to detail, drives tasks to closure efficiently with error-free end result
- Ability to scale and work with a growing team at a highly competent, professional level
Preferred Education and Experience
- CPA or MBA preferred
- The ideal candidate will have a background working with agricultural business
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a growth company & understands how to scale
- Must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Result Oriented: a highly motivated professional, focused on reaching goals, achieving objectives using the right means and meeting deadlines, capable of fulfilling short term commitments without sacrificing the long-term viability of long-term projects.
- Relationships & Networking: works effectively with teams and networks in different geographic, political, demographic, cultural and functional areas, has positive relationships with co-workers throughout the company, easily establishes communication with different teams and people.
- Initiative & Future vision: under critical circumstances or under pressure, analyzes environmental circumstances and takes measures in each case to solve possible conflicts and achieve short- or long-term goals.
- Work with integrity and with business professionalism amongst peers and leadership team.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply directly at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/at-jobopportunities.php?clientkey=8B211814612465E905F5513EE5419F5F
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Financial Planning: 5 years (Preferred)
- Financial Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift