Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by machine learning and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your data science and analytical skills to support our military clients in their implementation of data-centric strategy and modernization efforts. You’ll work closely with a team of data scientist to understand client questions and needs, then dig into data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help our military leaders make informed decisions. You’ll provide your clients with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in support of our clients and build systems to change the defense intelligence enterprise for the better.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, data visualization, statistics, or graph algorithms
- Experience with using R, Perl, Python, SAS, or SPSS for data analysis
- Experience with using data visualization tools, including Tableau
- Knowledge of an object-oriented language, including Java, C++ or C#, or Python
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BS or BA degree
- Experience with task leadership or project management
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with .NET Framework
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Web Scraping
- Experience with Cloud services and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with cognitive analytics or services, including IBM Watson Text Analytics, Tesseract OCR, or Google Image Recognition
- Experience in the health market
- Ability to work with small or cross-functional project teams
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.