- Human Resources
- Organizational Skills
- Administrative Experience
The Department of Conservation and Recreation manages one of the largest and most diverse state parks systems in the nation and protects and enhances natural resources and outdoor recreational opportunities throughout Massachusetts. DCR is a dynamic agency, and is one of the largest park systems in the nation. The DCR system includes over 450,000 acres of parks, forests, water supply protection lands, beaches, lakes, ponds, playgrounds, swimming pools, skating rinks, trails and parkways.
This Seasonal position will be assigned to the HR Shared Services office and will perform specific tasks associated with the seasonal hiring process.
Specific duties may include:
1. Processes HR transactions including but not limited to hires, promotions, demotions, transfers, terminations, etc. to ensure timely and accurate compensation of employees.
2. Enters and verifies all deductions into employee’s records to ensure accurate payment of taxes, and other benefits funded through employee deductions.
3. Enters changes to employee’s schedules, time approvers, leave balances, etc.
4. Reviews, updates, maintains and inspects employee records, files, (including attendance records, position control cards, personnel folders, and application files), manuals and e-format documents.
5. Ability to quickly and effectively communicate ideas, questions and answers to staff and agency employees.
6. Access Mass Careers in order to obtain candidate and/or position information if needed
7. Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required at Hire
Ability to gather information through questioning individuals and by examining records and documents.
Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
Ability to maintain accurate records.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Good organizational skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to deal tactfully with others.
Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information
working knowledge of HR/CMS PeopleSoft product and the Commonwealth’s hiring process is preferred; knowledge of MassCareers-Commonwealth’s online tool for recruitment.
Start date: 11/18/2019 thru 03/20/2019
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in administrative work experience or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
I. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
II. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Office Support Specialist II
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston - 251 Causeway Street
Job: Administrative Services
Agency: Department of Conservation & Recreation
Job Posting: Oct 20, 2019, 11:00:00 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 1,953.62 - 1,953.62 Biweekly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Agatha Summons McGuire - 617-626-1282
Bargaining Unit: 01-NAGE - Clerical/Administrative