This job is located in Los Angeles, CA. Relocation package is available. Pet Orphans of Southern California is a non-profit organization. We rescue cats and dogs from kill shelters from all over southern California. We have our own veterinary clinic, but the organization also offers grooming, professional pet photography, adoptions and fostering.
Currently, we are looking to hire someone for a minimum to start three days per week (Mon., Wed., Thurs.). We are not opposed to more days in the coming months. We once had a VERY thriving clinic, and with the right doctor, the team here can accomplish greatness together.
Here are some of the things we offer our doctors, when they agree to come on board with Pet Orphans of Southern California:
- We will pay to renew your VMB/DEA licenses. We pay for the premise permit renewal.
- We allocate $1500 per year for seminars/conventions.
- We provide you with adequate professional staff, including a clinic manager, customer service liaison, an R.V.T., a vet assistant, 1-2 volunteers and a parking lot attendant.
- Flexible scheduling that fits your lifestyle.
- As the Veterinarian, you're in control the medical decisions made at the clinic.
- Whatever additional services and pets you are capable of providing, we can promote your skills and abilities.
- We offer great benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, the company pays 80%, with multiple plans to choose from.
- We offer 2 weeks, paid vacation the 1st year, no accrual until the 2nd year.
- 5 paid sick days per year and 2 paid PTO days.
- We pay all for national holidays. We are closed 2 days for Thanksgiving, 3 days for Christmas. We give annual bonuses in December and have an Holiday Party.
- You receive one parking space and a private office.
- Help design the construction of a new clinic in 2021
In return, we ask from you a one year commitment from start date.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the company and the clinic in the professional community and to the general public.
Based on our previous successes (pre-COVID), there is serious potential to expand and grow. If you are looking to be a part of something great, something more than just a job, a career with purpose and a love of what you, then this is definitely an offer worth considering.
Pet Orphans is a great company and we have thrived for over 47 years.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $88.00 - $94.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
We take employee temperatures twice daily during their shifts. Masks, gloves and anti-bacterial hand soap are offered to all employees. Non employees are not allowed inside the facility.
- Surgical: 1 year (Required)
- General Practice: 1 year (Required)
- CA DVM (Required)
- DEA (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page: