Job Type: PM SOLO RUN- HOME DAILY / SHORT HAUL PART TIME OR FULL TIME AVAILABLE
Address: Eastaboga FedEx Terminal
Salary: $200 a day : Runs go to either- Atlanta or Ellenwood GA
Work Hours- Mon-Fri for Full Time and Sundays Only for Part Time (Start time ranges from 6-9pm and Shift ends between the hours of 3-6am)
Short Haul Truck Driver Job Summary
Do you love driving a truck but hate extended time spent away from home? You might flourish in our open position for a local Truck Driver. We are a private, veteran-owned, fast growing company contracted to move short haul freight for FedEx Ground. We’re looking for a safe, courteous driver who values a predictable schedule. Our company makes safety our number one priority, which is reflected in our impeccable safety record. We maintain our entire fleet with dedicated precision, and we don’t employ owner-operators, so we retain control over our vehicles. Our employees are on salary, paid weekly and have the opportunity to earn extra income every week.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a Drug Test
- Class A driver’s license in good standing
- A doubles endorsement and current DOT physical is required.
- No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years
- No DWI/DUI in last 10 years
- 1+ years’ commercial tractor trailer driving experience required in the last 3 years
- HOME DAILY
- Paid Weekly on Friday Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance for Full Time
- Vacation Pay for Full Time
- Life Insurance and 401k for Full Time
Truck Driver responsibilities and duties
- SAFETY IS JOB 1!
- Safely and efficiently perform professional truck driver duties in support of FedEx Ground short haul freight requirements.
- All of our scheduled runs leave early evening and return early morning. A typical route is less than 250 miles each way, 500 miles per day.
- Operate an Omnitracs MCP-50 ELD
- Complete a daily truck log and mileage report
- Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately
- Manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible
- Find ways to conserve resources, including fuel, to benefit the business
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the shift and report any problems or damage to management
- Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules
- Be comfortable in a team environment. We are a team-oriented company. We work together to help each team mate and the company exceed expectations. We are passionate about the pursuit of excellence in everything we do.
Job Type: Full Time and Part Time
Salary: $200.00 /day
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $1,000.00 to $1,100.00 /hour
- pulling doubles: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tractor Trailer class a cdl: 3 years (Preferred)
- doubles endorsement (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Trucking freight handling: