Parksite is looking for a Commercial Specification Manager to join our team! The Specification Manager will be located out of our Bolingbrook location and cover a multi-state territory. Relocation assistance available for well qualified candidates.
Responsible for managing a regional commercial team dedicated to driving specifications for Laminate, Solid Surface and Quartz in the Commercial Market. Developing key relationships throughout the commercial value chain including architectural and design firms (A&D firms), facility managers and end-users. Identifying and supporting the key areas of growth in our markets. Working closely with sales, marketing and manufacturers to execute demand creation activities, supporting our sales goals. Reporting, tracking and managing projects thru the sales cycle, utilizing our CRM (SalesForce).
- Strategic planning and management of our specification efforts in the commercial market.
- Manage the commercial sales team, establishing performance standards and measures
- Provide ongoing associate feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines
- Drive specifications for our brands in the Commercial Market through strategic calls with key architectural and design firms (A&D firms) as well as end user targets
- Conduct product overview presentations, including CEU’s, to architect firms and end user clients
- Educating A&D firms on our company and applications for our product lines
- Support active participation as members of AIA, IIDA, etc.
- Collaborate with our suppliers on regional and nationally headquartered accounts in the
- Merchandising the value chain with sample sets and other collateral
- Utilize SalesForce for all sales activity and project tracking
- Collaborate with the local sales managers on projects in our pipeline thru the quoting process
Listed below are the minimum and/or desired qualifications of the position including education, work experience and knowledge & skills that are required to perform satisfactorily in the position:
Education and Work Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Design, Art, Business, or related field preferred but not required
- Direct experience working in the commercial arena for a minimum of 5 years
- Account management and business development experience in at least one of the following segments: Hospitality, Food Service, Retail, Entertainment, Recreation, Healthcare and or Education
- Some level of management or team leader experience preferred
- Excellent MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, communication and organization skills
- Excellent selling skills and market knowledge
- Strong creative, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Networking experience through business associations (ex: CSI, IIDA, AIA, etc.)
- Understanding the basics of the commercial value chain and project tracking
- CRM Experience, SalesForce preferred
- Position requires regular interaction with customers and clients
- Position requires traveling and conducting joint calls with the sales team, including overnight travel
- Position requires the ability to lift and carry samples up to 50lbs
- 401(k) Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Daily dress code of business casual
- Health, Dental and Flexible Spending Insurance Plans
- A positive work environment with all team players
- A stake in your company with our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Parksite is a sales, marketing, and distribution company serving many segments of the building industry, with a focus on both interior and exterior products. We are proud to supply the best Fabricators and Building Material dealers with category leading products for the residential, commercial, and remodeling markets. Focusing on superior products and exceptional service, Parksite's unique marketplace niche is through education. We begin by identifying products with distinctive applications and specifically educate and emphasize the value of these products directly to architects, builders and designers. With this approach, we have become a leader in the industry with each of the products we sell. We combine marketing expertise and industry knowledge to create demand for our supplier business partners. We help build brands.