***We are looking for an Interim, Contract Food Service Director to join our team***
***Long term experience and Certified Dietary Manager Certificate (CDM) required***
The Food Service Director plans and directs the Nursing Home Food Service staff to ensure safe, nutritious, cost effective meals and snacks for residents. Although interdisciplinary effort is required, Director of Food Services responsibilities include but are not limited to; meal time scheduling, menus, kitchen rounds, inventory, budgeting, supplies, food orders, staffing, overtime, hiring, infection control, greeting new residents, dining room rounds, grievances, meal accuracy, diet accuracy, safe workplace, harmonious workplace, customer service, policies and procedures, federal and state compliance. The Food Service Director must possess excellent leadership skills and have an ability to communicate effectively.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans nutritionally balanced & therapeutic meals that reflect the likes and dislikes of residents, as well as Public Health regulations.
- Is responsible for food purchase, production, and timely service of meals.
- Directs and supervises all dietary functions and personnel.
- Maintains cost records and works to meet budget guidelines.
- Hires, orients, trains, counsels, disciplines, and when appropriate, terminates dietary employees.
- Schedules work hours and assignments and reviews staff work performance.
- Participates in department head meetings.
- Participates in monthly QAPI meeting and prepares reports accordingly.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty program
- Must be knowledgeable of Federal and State rules and regulations regarding nursing home dietary requirements
- Graduate of a culinary or nutritional program, preferred
- Certified Dietary Manager Certification, required
- Prior food service experience in a healthcare setting, required
- Prior food service experience in long-term care setting, preferred
- Prior supervisory experience, preferred
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and benefit plans including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, ST/LT disability, and 401K.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract