Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech Company based in Seattle. Amazon’s tax team has an immediate opening for a manager on the Direct Tax Technology team in Seattle, WA. Specifically, this role will support the Direct Tax - Foreign Reporting Teams and requires experience with statutory and foreign reporting. The candidate should also have experience with process design, detailed execution, and working with tax professionals and other technologist in all aspects of the Amazon Tax Department’s direct tax technology program.
The position requires the ability to partner with tax professionals around the world to gathering requirements, collaborating on design and process improvements. Then, participate in developing a multi-year roadmap and execution plan to ensure that Amazon’s word-class Tax Department is supported by similarly world-class technology and supporting processes.
In order to be successful, the candidate should possess the ability to work toward the strategic roadmap, while still being interested and willing to engage in day-to-day tactical details. We are a fast growing team, so we're looking for candidates who are eager to learn, collaborate, go into unfamiliar territory, and possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in direct tax and hands on experience with implementing/building business processes
- Corptax experience
- Project Management
- 5 or more years of experience in corporate tax systems and processing
- Workflow design and implementation
- CPA, Enrolled Agent or other professional certification
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and/or concentration or advanced degree in information systems a plus
- Process design and re-engineering experience
- Highly motivated and organized; excellent attention to detail
- Recent and consistent hands on experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with Excel integration and automation
- Experience writing requirements and working with software development teams
- Hands-on experience in writing and reviewing requirements, architecture documents, test plans, design and maintaining documents, quality analysis and helping with the software release process.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.