It’s all about being part of a team and caring about the comfort of our guest. You are responsible for cleaning guest rooms and making them comfortable and inviting.
Room attendants wear uniform shirts provided by the company. Employees must provide closed-toe shoes and black work pants.
- Must be available to work any day of the week.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Be able to carry a conversation with guests
- Provide guest with the best in service, courtesy and care.
- Clean and prepare rooms with the highest standards and attention to detail.
- Comply with procedures for chemical use and room cleaning systems.
- Comply with housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Work safely to avoid injuries and accidents.
- Report unsafe conditions to Supervisor/General Manager
- Report maintenance issues to Supervisor, Engineering department, or General Manager
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness in storage closets.
- Maintain housekeeping cart and related equipment.
- Assist with other housekeeping duties assigned by Executive Housekeeper or Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
- Ensure guest rooms and storage areas are stocked with all supplies and amenities.
- Attend to all guest requests in a timely and courteous manner within 15 minutes.
- Assist in maintaining and cleaning public areas.
- When work list is complete wait for verification and help other housekeepers/laundry.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Time management skills
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to make beds
- Standing for long period of time- -up to 8 hours
- Bending and kneeling
- Stretching and kneeling
- Ability to strip rooms, clean all furniture and fixtures, as well as everything in the bathroom
- Able to complete a room list (14-18 rooms)
- Working with required chemicals
- Clean a check out room in 25-30 minutes
- Clean a stay over room in 20-25 minutes
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $8.25 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Alamogordo, NM 88310 (Preferred)
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly