The incumbent will provide overall supervision to ensure that all operational goals are met, including, but not limited to the following: budget expectations, inventory accuracy, order fill percentage, case fill percentage, productivity, and on-time departure.
- This position offers a steady schedule that offers a family/work life balance
- It is a 4 day on 3 day off schedule.
- Shifts are 12 hours.
- The schedule for this position is Wednesday to Saturday, 6:00 pm 6:00 am.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Job Essential Functions:
- Effectively communicate with Production, QA, Scheduling, Purchasing, Transportation, and Customer Service as needed.
- Embrace the philosophy that recognizes that the customer is always first, people are the most important resource, and continuous improvement and change are a way of life.
- Address performance issues in a timely manner using consistent and company backed disciplinary methodology.
- Provide training to warehouse associates in areas such as SOP's, job specific procedures, and filling out required documentation correctly.
- Monitor and maintain proper rotation of raw product, finished goods, and placement of aged product.
- Ensure compliance to SOP's, Housekeeping, and all other FEX policies.
- Maintain a safe work environment by training personnel on safety issues, conducting safety huddles, completing safety accident and/or incident reports, and recognizing and correcting unsafe conditions or acts.
- Complete and analyze departmental performance measurements. Lead, coordinate and direct the daily activities of shift personnel engaged in the shipping and receiving of both raw product and finished goods.
- Create and maintain work schedules for all warehouse associates.
- Ensure employees are taking their scheduled breaks/lunches and finishing their shift on time.
- Ensure accurate and timely picking and loading of customer's orders by coordinating efforts between clerks, selectors, drivers, and carriers.
- Maintain equipment viability and communicate with appropriate vendors for parts/repair.
- Responsible for the interviewing and screening of potential warehouse associates in terms of experience and aptitude with operation's required power equipment.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience.
- This is a self-directed, autonomy style position, must be capable of working with little supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Capable of working in a cold (34 degrees F) and wet environment.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Associates degree or completed college courses are preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00 /year