Full-timeEstimated: $58,000 - $82,000 a year
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Data collection
Full Job Description
Spire is a unique organization providing a new paradigm for integrated communication and production. We focus our experience on creating custom solutions to facilitate all phases of strategy, creation, production and fulfillment of our client’s communication needs. As a single-source for concept, strategy, design, web development, data management, prepress, print, fulfillment, mail services and technical support, we can enable companies to improve marketing communications, streamline production, reduce cycle times and leverage assets and messages across multiple mediums in an efficient, cost effective manner.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise Mail Services staff and ensure that they are carrying out their job responsibilities. Communicate to all staff your expectations in a professional and courteous manner.
- Actively promote and champion a team atmosphere.
- Maintain a clean and orderly department.
- Ensure that staff is adhering to all company policies, goals, objectives and expectations.
- Ensure that staff is adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff is fully trained and is adhering to Standard Operating Procedures. Conduct and document periodic audits.
- Conduct yearly performance reviews on all staff. Meet with each staff member on a quarterly basis to ensure individualized goals and objectives are being met as documented.
- On an as needed basis, Manager will be expected to operate equipment to include Inkjet and Inserter.
- Review and edit Monarch data collection each day to ensure accuracy. Direct reports must be held accountable for logging in and out of jobs correctly.
- Review employee payroll hours daily to ensure accuracy. Submit timely and accurate employee payroll hours and Time-Off Request Forms to Human Resources.
- Responsible for the quality being produced within the department and what is passed onto the next department. Direct reports must be held accountable for not following clearly defined processes and procedures.
- Ensure defective product is not being passed along to the next department.
- Responsible for ensuring work is produced in an efficient manner striving for zero defects.
- Ensure 100% of reworks are identified and properly logged into system.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and offer corrective and preventative actions. Work with staff, departments, fellow managers and senior management to implement.
- Be available on an as needed basis after normal business hours and weekends.
- Assess work levels, order temporary staff on an as needed basis. Ensure that each temporary worker has been signed in and that requested numbers of temporary workers as well as specific workers requested are present.
- Minimize the use of temporary labor whenever possible.
- Keep overtime to a minimum.
- In accordance with schedule, partner with fellow managers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure that all operators are following the schedule based on the order of priority.
- Ensure that both FileMaker and Spire Storage Databases are updated.
- Prioritize schedule within the department and communicate any delays to appropriate staff.
- Communicate in a professional manner to resolve issues and solve problems.
- Review estimates vs. actuals to evaluate performance against standards.
- Conduct a standards review with accounting and estimating on all Mail Services equipment.
- Maintain appropriate supply levels.
- Approve QA pulls from operator.
- Ensure that postage is entered into Monarch on a daily basis.
- Ensure the finalized PostalOne paperwork is uploaded on a daily basis.
- Maintain an accurate stamps inventory.
- Quote and schedule freight pickups on an as needed basis. Ensure that all drop shipment paperwork is accurate and submitted properly.
- Review and approve invoices for Accounting.
- Review that equipment is being properly maintained.
- Ensure that employees are properly trained and cross-trained assuring as much redundancy as possible.
- 5 plus years management experience in the mailing/printing industry.
- In depth knowledge of USPS Mail piece design.
- Ability to verify and upload mail.dat to PostalOne as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and resolve mail.dat related issues.
- Accurately estimate Postage requests.
- Work with logistics partners to ensure proper in-home dates, rates and quotes.
- Mail tracking - TMM and or Informed Visibility.
- Monitor and resolve any USPS Scorecard issues.
- Keep on top of industry advancements, implement as needed.
- Educate and train Clients, Sales teams, Estimating, Account Management and Production on Mail Service.
- Knowledge/keep up to date on USPS changes, advancements, promotions and incentives, USPS requirements and practices.
- Attend industry events as needed.
- Strong knowledge of and/or ability to operatePitney Bowes, Bell & Howell and other mailing equipment such as Mailstream Direct and Flowmaster.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Machine Operator: 3 years (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible