Job Title: REMOTE Customer Service Representative(Medical)
Company: Incept Data Solutions, Inc.
This position courteously and professionally contacts and communicates with providers to obtain required medical record documentation as early as possible. The CSR works in a fast-paced challenging environment using clear, concise descriptions of the requested provider documentation to avoid misunderstanding and the need for repeated follow-up calls.
- Requests records and information from Providers.
- Responds to telephone inquiries promptly, professionally, and efficiently to provide resolution.
- Analyzes provider questions to determine the best use of resources to resolve the situation.
- Serves as liaison between the providers and the various departments or team members in response to inquiries.
- Professionally responds to all written inquiries (letter, fax, e-mail).
- Processes rejected records that do not meet initial inspection criteria and contacts Providers to resubmit legible copies.
- Assists the providers in identifying what is being requested and answers their queries.
- Provides records to the Medical Records Technician for MRT assignment.
- Assists with Medical Record Technician workload as needed.
- Maintains competency and attends required education and training programs.
- Complies with all departmental protocols, policies, and procedures.
Customer Service Representative Position Requirements:
Associates Degree or higher in any of the following disciplines:
- Medical Records
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Science
or high school diploma or a G.E.D and two years of customer service, call center and/or medical record experience and/or criminal justice/troubleshooting experience
Skills, Knowledge Abilities (SKA)-
- Proficiency with computers and computer software, specifically MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work within a call center environment and handle multiple phone lines throughout the business day.
- Ability to be able to speak clearly and articulate in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Familiarity with department equipment (computers, copiers, fax machines, scanners).
- Ability to perform record imaging after training.
- Ability to do record filing and retrieval.
- Knowledge of medical record processing and procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of healthcare and Medicare forms, documentation, and facilities.
Ø Extensive knowledge of medical records and their components, and medical record practices, policies, and procedures desired.
Ø Prefer at least 6 months of customer service experience with call center detail
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Call Center: 1 year (Required)
- Medical Records: 1 year (Required)