Position in Ft Lauderdale, FL
Position This position repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, hydraulic sort equipment, motors, electrical systems, HVAC equipment and facility systems and equipment by performing the following duties. Employee may be assigned to a company vehicle and maintain equipment at multiple facilities (Route Mechanic) or may be assigned to a single facility (Fixed Mechanic).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines. Repairs electrical equipment.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. A technical degree in Industrial Maintenance is preferred, but not required.
- Experience: Possess a minimum of three years experience in the Industrial or Building maintenance field, with experience in supervision, planning / scheduling, estimating, and hands-on facilities maintenance preferred.
- Accreditation: N/A
- Computer Skills: Some basic General Computer skills helpful.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple customers.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About C&W Services
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Occasional high stress work may require dealing with customers/clients.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Requires exposure to machines, chemicals, and solvents.Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Ability to do simple math calculations, input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration.
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world’s largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple - talented people. Visit our website at https://cwservices.com.
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/