This position can be located virtually anywhere in the world!
Fauna is the data API for client-serverless applications. A web-native GraphQL interface with support for custom business logic and integration with the serverless ecosystem enables developers to simplify code and ship faster. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute fabric is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets you experience freedom from database operations at any scale. At Fauna, we're disrupting a $40B industry, and we're just getting started.
Keeping our promises is priority number one. FaunaDB promises to be correct, available, and fast. A critical step to ensure we keep those promises is running the database through a rigorous QA process before releasing it to our customers. We’re looking for talented, detail oriented engineers who will ensure we’re holding ourselves to the highest standard.
What You Will Do:
What You Will Bring:
- Maintain, operate, and improve Fauna’s distributed QA system.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and customer support to build test cases that ensure Fauna’s promises are kept.
- Thoroughly document identified bugs.
- Ensure regression tests are run when bugs are resolved.
- Maintain a high standard of code quality in a clean, well-tested codebase.
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions.
- Document guides, systems design, reference architectures and implementations.
- Coach, mentor and cross-train team members.
- Scala development experience; at least 2 years.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems design and failure modes that you have used in a professional setting.
- Familiarity with Linux based production systems operations.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- A self starter who takes the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and development.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with advanced technical degrees
- Experience working in a remote team
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code technologies: Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD, pipeline-as-code technologies: Jenkins
Backed by premier venture investors Madrona Venture Group, ADDITION, GV, and CRV, Fauna is a well-funded startup, with a 100% remote organization. We're led by an experienced leadership team hailing from Microsoft, Okta, Twitter, Elastic, Juniper and Oracle. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually disrupt our market. To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.