Senior DevOps Engineer (API)
The Senior DevOps Engineer (API) is a hands-on development and operations position. The role is within Change Healthcare’s Intelligence Hub organization, building out cloud, SaaS and interoperability strategies and solutions. The role will leverage development operations skills as well as software development skills. Creating container based platform solutions for existing and new products. The resource will collaborate with the business and technology management to ensure that product roadmap, initiatives and goals are accomplished, through the delivery of high quality releases.
- Deploy and manage enterprise API Gateway and related solutions in AWS.
- Develop/design enterprise service bus platform and application deployment.
- Develop/design enterprise APIs and shared technology solutions.
- Develop integration software deployment automation scripts.
- Develop/design web service API and proxy best practices, documentation, educational material and reusable components.
- Maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, processes and documentation.
- Develop security integration with SAML V2.0 and OpenID specifications.
- Support daily operations including on-site and remote user issue resolution, account maintenance, permission management, code deployments and security.
- Provide mentoring and assistance to team members.
- Providing after hours coverage as required by being on call and available to respond.
- Manage and coordinate small to medium sized projects.
- Participate in making technical recommendations for tactical and strategic directions.
8+ years experience in UNIX systems administration
Critical Skills (Required)
- 8+ years of Linux experience
- 1+ years of experience with API gateway technologies (Apigee, Kong, Amazon Gateway, Tibco)
- 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services – AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudWatch)
Additional Knowledge & Skills (Preferred / Not Required)
- Container based solutions management (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience with Cloud Solution Providers (Azure, o365, Saas, Paas, Iaas)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline automation (Ansible, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus)
- Experience with Identity Management (Active Directory, SAML, ADFS, OAUTH)
- Experience with IT security policies, procedures, and best practices
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Job Type: Full-time
- Linux: 8 years (Required)
- Amazon Web Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- API Gateway Technologies: 1 year (Preferred)