- Responsible for the maintenance and reliability of the plant power distribution system including: AC systems (utilizing 138kV, 34.5kV, 25kV, 13.8kV, 6.9kV, 4.16kV, 2.3kV, 480V, 230V) and DC systems (rated at 750VDC and 250VDC), plant rotating equipment and air compressors.
- Manage and coordinate Electric, Air & Water (EAW) department and/or contracted personnel in maintenance and engineering projects and outages.
- Prepare drawings and specifications for equipment and materials to be installed in the power distribution system with a focus on improving cost and time efficiency.
- Inspect and test completed installations for safety standards as well as conformance with design and equipment specifications.
- Responsible for EAWs documentation involving safety, quality, environmental and maintenance.
- Respond to all calls regarding power outages, equipment failures, and production delays. Locate the resources required to return equipment to operational condition.
- Utilize planned outages and scheduled production downturns to perform preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Implement electrical safe work practices throughout the plant.
- Conduct safety audits, pre-job briefings and hazard assessments.
- Authorize switching orders for outages on the electrical distribution system.
- Organize, plan and schedule the annual maintenance outage.
- Schedule preventive maintenance for electrical, water and pneumatic distribution.
- Schedule predictive maintenance for main drives and utilities.
- Interact with outside electric utility for switching of lines and power curtailment.
- Comply with federal and state environmental laws.
- Track department costs and charges.
- Develop new engineer succession planning.
- Work safely and assure plant safety policies are followed
- Assist plant electrical technicians in troubleshooting and improving plant systems
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Full understanding and working knowledge of AC and DC Power circuits, including respective drives.
- Fully understand the electrical safety standards and the hazards associated with electricity.
- Knowledge of electrical construction and standards associated with it.
- 3-5 years Industrial/manufacturing power distribution experience.
- Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget.
- Good troubleshooting and team building skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to lift more than 25 pounds on occasion
- Climbing, kneeling, bending, stooping, walking, use of hands, etc. is required
- Experience in a union environment
To complete the online application, go to http://www.workforarcelormittal.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and fill job requirements by selecting from the available labor force those applicants best qualified to perform the work in safety to themselves and others. ArcelorMittal Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial/manufacturing power distribution: 3 years (Required)