- Under the general direction of the shift Supervisor, The Security Dispatcher is responsible for the functioning of all security operations center activities, including but not limited to, the operation of telephones, alarm systems, access control systems, CCTV systems, radio systems and computers, ensuring that all equipment is in good working order. The Security Dispatcher communicates with the BWFH Security Technical specialist or the security integrator in order to ensure timely repairs to out of service equipment and/or systems.
- Responsible for receiving and responding to, in a timely manner, high volumes of telephone calls for service, requests for emergency and routine assistance, and the assignment of personnel/resources to such requests.
- The Security Dispatcher will interpret all requests for service, prioritize and determine appropriate response using a high level of discretion and judgment while considering prescribed policies and procedures.
- Initiates notification of appropriate authorities in the event of emergency, directs the appropriate response of all Security personnel, coordinates radio communications and response among other hospital departments and other Partners entities.
- Conducts the weekly Partners Security radio checks to ensure constant communications with all Partners entities
- Documents the receipt of all telephone calls and/or request for service and the response thereto utilizing Computer Aided Dispatching software and such other systems and/or programs used by the department. Prepare and provide reports of such calls and responses to shift supervisors, and Senior Management. Assists in the analysis and evaluation of the utilization of department personnel.
- Monitor all alarms, CCTV, access control, radio and computer systems, evaluating and documenting any deficiencies therewith and providing necessary information to effectively rectify any such deficiencies. Perform and document procedures to insure continued operation of all equipment and systems, including, but not limited to, the troubleshooting and testing of equipment and associated materials.
- Enacts all emergency procedures (codes, fire, RRT, etc).
- Records all Nurse Call repair problems, and contacts vendors if necessary to resolve issue
- Monitors the fire panel and initiates Fire Alarm response procedures. Calls the Boston Fire Department to ensure response request have been received.
- Monitors the Code Blue system and responds promptly, accurately and efficiently to ensure that all responsible personnel are notified as established by department practice and procedure
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED required.
Higher education (Associate’s degree) in criminal justice or related field is preferred.
- At least 2 years of police, emergency services, security or related experience required. Experience as a police, fire, and/or emergency services dispatcher preferred.
- Must submit to and pass an initial and annual criminal background check.
- International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS) Basic Officer Certification (within first 6 months)
- First Aid CPR/AED certification
- High paced environment dependent upon call volume.
- Majority of time spent sitting, on phones.
EEO Statement Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
: MA-Boston-Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital
1153 Centre Street
: Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital(BWFH)
Standard Hours :
: Day Job
Recruiting Department :
BWFH Police, Safety And Security
: Jul 23, 2018