Job Title Part Time Faculty for Nurse Clinical Instructor (Pediatrics, OB, Psych/Mental Health, Med-Surg., Community Health)
Position Title Part Time Faculty for Nurse Clinical Instructor (Pediatrics, OB, Psych/Mental Health, Med-Surg. Community Health)
Job Category University Faculty
Job Type Part-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Campus Maywood-Health Sciences & Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campuses
Location Code SCHOOL OF NURSING (02400A)
Department Name SCHOOL OF NURSING
Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Respects and effectively communicates the dignity, worth, and culture of students, faculty, colleagues, peers, staff, patients, families, and communities.
2. Maintains ethical standards of the profession of nursing and the University.
3. Adheres to state and federal laws (i.e., privacy, confidentiality, and reporting of student and patient information).
4. Prepares in advance to plan, supervise, teach and evaluate student learning in clinical courses, which may include participation in simulation and laboratory-based learning and may function as supervising faculty in preceptor-based practicum experiences.
5. Employs a variety of innovative teaching techniques in the clinical setting to promote critical thinking, clinical competency, and achieve course outcomes that reflect evidence-based approaches to instruction.
6. Demonstrates proficiency with knowledge, skills and attitudes required for competency in patient-centered care, teamwork, quality improvement, safety, evidence-based practice and informatics.
7. Collaborates with didactic instructional faculty in the planning and implementation of clinical learning experiences.
8. Maintains satisfactory working relationships with colleagues within the School of Nursing.
9. Maintains an advanced level of practice in a well-defined area of clinical practice that informs teaching.
10. Maintains certification in an area of specialty expertise (Pediatrics, OB, Psych/Mental Health, Med-Surg., Community Health).
See Minimum Education or Experience
Ability to work in a healthcare environment
Licensure in the state of Illinois as a Registered Nurse or Eligible for Illinois RN licensure(s)
Certification in specialty area preferred
Physical Demands None
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Required qualifications include:
Desirable qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree with a major in Nursing
- Current state of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse License
- Recent teaching experience in a clinical setting
- Doctoral degree
Open Date 02/21/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will be ongoing.
Applicants are asked to submit (1) a letter of interest, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) copy of the graduate degree transcript, (4) the names and contact information of three individuals prepared to provide professional references and (5) RN License(s).
Direct applications to:
Make inquiries to:
Ms. Colleen Shayan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Undergraduate Part-time Faculty and Ms. Nancy Stell, (email@example.com), Director of Undergraduate Part-time Faculty for the Hybrid ABSN Program Loyola University Chicago, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing.
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty. As a Jesuit Catholic institution of higher education, we seek candidates who will contribute to our strategic plan to deliver a Transformative Education in the Jesuit tradition. To learn more about LUC’s mission, candidates should consult our website at www.luc.edu/mission/. For information about the university’s focus on transformative education, they should consult our website at www.luc.edu/transformativeed
Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/13504
Job Number 8700288, 8700299, 8700062, 8700298 (PT position #s)
Organizational Location HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS