JMA Wireless is the leading global innovator in mobile wireless connectivity solutions that assure infrastructure reliability, streamline service operations, and maximize wireless performance. Employing powerful, patented innovations their solutions portfolio is proven to lower the cost of operations while ensuring lifetime quality levels in equipment and unrivaled performance for coverage and high-speed mobile data. JMA Wireless solutions cover macro infrastructure, outdoor and indoor distributed antenna systems and small cell solutions. JMA Wireless corporate headquarters are located in Liverpool, NY, with manufacturing, R&D, and sales operations in over 20 locations worldwide.
JMA continues its technology leadership in this rapidly growing sector of the economy. Join the team that drives the technology. We have an opening for a Manufacturing Software Engineer.
- Analyze user needs, design and develop manufacturing software solutions with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Design and build automated software test frameworks.
- Perform software development of systems dedicated to capturing process information related to OEE, FPY, Scrap, Rework, productivity and downtime analysis.
- Responsible for supporting and troubleshooting existing programs.
- Configure database system and write SQL queries.
- Develop and maintain documentation for existing programs.
To be effective in this position, the person must possess (prioritized list):
- Experience with advanced SQL queries programming.
- Proficiency with Python scripting.
- Experience working with Visual Basic .NET
- 1-3 years related job experience.
- Knowledge of PLC programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of RF/Microwave test fundamentals preferred.
- Understanding of operations/manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Computer: Microsoft Office suite, Email, CAD Software, PLC programming, SAP, Visual Studio, Inductive Automation.
- Safety glasses required.
- Analyzers, Test equipment.
80% Normal office environment. 20% direct manufacturing floor.