The Friendly Home in Rochester, NY is seeking a HR Assistant:
On-boarding Specialist to join our Human Resources Department. The primary purpose of this position is to be the first point of contact for our employees. This position conducts on-boarding requirements for newly hired employees, including new hire orientation, and provides communication and administrative support within the Human Resources Department.
Why Join The Friendly Home Team?
- You’ll always find support and camaraderie at the Friendly Home, from our dedicated staff to fellow Members. The Friendly Home difference is in the personal details that foster a true sense of belonging for both our Members and Employees.
- The Friendly Home is truly a leader in providing quality nursing and rehabilitative care to older adults in Rochester, NY. In 2016 and 2017 we were recognized as a Top-Performing Nursing Home by the NYS Dept. of Health.
- Our excellence is based upon the dedication of our employees, who take great pride in providing compassionate care to our Members.
- Friendly Senior Living offers an outstanding, team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, healthy compensation and benefits packages. .
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge and skills:
The HR Assistant has the following responsibilities:
- Associate’s Degree in Human Resources related field of study preferred
- 2 or more years’ experience in handling administrative HR responsibilities
- Customer service focus
- General knowledge of Human Resource laws, regulations, and compliance requirements strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including the MS Office applications.
- Experience using HRIS systems, preferably Paylocity.
Other Administrative Duties and Record Keeping:
- Answers phones, directs calls to appropriate staff, when required.
- Liaison between recruitment agency and hiring manager(s) for all organizational recruiting needs.
- Prepares and posts internal job vacancies through all communication modes.
- Maintains position control for all positions, nursing and non-nursing across the continuum.
- Makes new hire job offers; scheduling all pre-employment requirements.
- Prepares and conducts new hire paperwork appointments in compliance with current policies and procedures.
- Verifies nursing new hire certifications and licenses.
- Enters and maintains all pertinent applicant information into HRIS system.
- Prepares and monitors new hire background checks (local and out of area); as well as through DOH, CHRC, etc. according to policies and procedures.
- Prepares and present new hire orientations across the continuum.
- Prepares and send rejection letters.
- Prepares, distributes to managers, and tracks 30-day and 90-day on-boarding evaluations for new hires.
- Schedules 120-day new hire meetings with CEO; prepares and distributes invitations to department managers/supervisors. Closely follow-up on attendance RSVP.
- Conducts new hire conversations @ 45 days, according to policies and procedures across the continuum.
- Coordinates and tracks annual evaluation process from start to completion.
- Provides backup for benefits including but not limited assisting employees with benefit questions, support for benefits fair and open enrollment, and invoice processing when HR Benefits Specialist is not available.
- Issues and maintains records of parking stickers and locker assignments.
- Maintains Human Resources bulletin board and TV announcements
- Retrieves the mail and sorts it. Assists with general mailings.
- Orders and maintains inventory of HR office supplies.
- Files employee and other paperwork including preparation of benefit folders.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.