Be the happiest part of people’s day!
Ice Cream Scooper - Ballard
Salt & Straw is a small batch, handmade ice cream company founded in Portland, Oregon. We’re thrilled to be named one of the top ice cream shops in the country by the Food Network. We take pride that both our shops and our ice cream are a reflection of the local community, so we’ve re-created our entire menu using local cream and collaborating with a cast of farmers, chefs, cheese-makers, chocolatiers, and brewers that make Washington so unique.
We’re striving to be the happiest part of people’s day, and this starts with our team. We have seen many amazing things happen in our shops, including wedding proposals, job offers, and first dates! We’re looking for a diverse group of individuals who all share a common interest of taking care of each other and our guests…helping make Salt & Straw the best place to work.
We started Salt & Straw to build community! Our team is an important part of our community and we are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits including health & disability insurance, paid time off, an employee assistance program, and lots of free ice cream!!!
Ballard Ice Cream Scoopers
- Can stay unapologetically positive in a high volume & customer-facing position for 6-8 hours
- Can stand on your feet for long periods and perform physically-demanding tasks
- 18 years or older
- At least 4 days of open availability per week, including weekends, holidays, and summers
- Current Food Handler’s card
- Respect for safety and hygiene standards
- Ability to work in close proximity to others
Please apply on our website at www.saltandstraw.com/jobs, and be sure to answer the following questions in a cover letter to us:
- Why do you want to work at Salt & Straw?
- What do you think would be the best part of this job for you?
- What is your proudest accomplishment so far?
We can't wait to meet you!!!