Full-time | Part-time | ContractEstimated: $42,000 - $57,000 a year
- Legal Research
- Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree
Full Job Description
- Attend and accurately record verbatim, transcribe and certify the record of court and jury trial proceedings using computer-aided equipment.
- Handle high volume transcription and deposition assignments for commercial and government clients.
- Electronically file prepared transcripts.
- Promptly certify and file all original shorthand notes and other original records of proceedings.
- Prepare and file required Administrative Office reports responding to official correspondence and telephone calls.
- Stenograph machine skills
- Computer-aided transcription software skills
- Skilled in accurate transcription from audio recordings
- Real-time and record keeping skills
- Elementary legal research skills
- Written communication, proofreading and editorial skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of personnel and the public.
- Exhibit initiative, sound judgment and effective decision-making skills
- Four or more years of direct relevant experience
- NCRA, NVRA and/or USCRA approved certifications
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Must be willing to go through background investigation if required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Court Reporting: 4 years (Required)
- State or NCRA (Preferred)