The Janitorial Account Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and directing of all daily activities related to the custodial functions including basic custodial operations, purchase of supplies and equipment, trash removal, training, and management of human resources. This person is also required to negotiate and manage various custodial projects necessary within the daily operation. He or she shall be responsible with various administrative and management functions.
Pay range: $70k-$75k based on experience.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development, training, implementation and management of custodial policies and procedures which utilize the full potential of the physical and human resources of the site.
- The manager will work with various constituencies to resolve problems related to his/her area of responsibility. The manager will also conduct daily site and building inspections and provide daily supervision and interaction with the custodial personnel.
- The manager will always be expected to work within the compliance of all safety procedures encountered in the maintenance and operation of the buildings and equipment. Completion of all company mandated monthly safety trainings for all employees and supervisors
- The manager will screen prospective employees, conduct evaluations for support staff, and make recommendations for employment or termination of employees within his/her area of responsibility.
- Manager must understand the union CBA and ability to work within it
- The manager must have strong grasp of Workday responsibilities such as opening job requisitions, completion of hiring process, job transfers etc.
- Daily reports to operations manager with status of the site
- Ability to manage both supervisors and union employees
- Positions is an on-call position and manager must always be available to assist with call offs of supervisors, respond to emergencies on site, assist night supervision with all issues that may occur
- Manager must oversee and manage the absenteeism policy at the site and adhere to union disciplinary process when employees are in violation of the policy
- Manager must have the ability to complete all requested company and customer tasks in a timely manner
- Manager must have the ability to operate payroll system and work order management and company purchasing site
- Assist Operation Manager at other location as requested
- Maintain a strong working relationship with customer supervisors and staff
- Daily meetings with the customer to assure scope of work is being completed properly
- Manage employee’s performance utilizing approved union disciplinary process
- Manage site specific union grievances
- Ability to expand productivity and increase service levels through utilization of technology work processes and time saving mechanisms adding value to the customers service level
- Manager must show ability to sell additional services to client and site tenants
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent experience relating to the custodial function within a commercial office or similar institution is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituencies and accomplished written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Must have the capability to plan, coordinate, analyze, execute and document specific administrative and management functions with a sense of the long-term goals of the department.
- Computer literacy is required. Strong knowledge of outlook, excel, Microsoft word, and adobe
This position requires compliance with our COVID related protocols, which includes providing documentation of full vaccination as per CDC guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- janitorial: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person