We are a full-service real estate firm that owns and manages a portfolio of primarily multifamily, mixed-use and hotel properties looking to hire an Assistant Controller to be based out of our corporate office in Westchester County, NY. This position will support and report to the Controller. The Assistant Controller is responsible for managing centralized accounting processes and systems and ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. Adheres to policy and procedure over general accounting activities and implements best practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable dual role of supervising the site location AP process and directly handling the corporate AP process including processing invoices, cutting and distributing checks.
- Create efficiency in AP processing cycle, minimize late payment fees, maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Accounts Receivable: security deposits and miscellaneous receipts, book entries in accounting software.
- Banking: open new bank accounts; download bank statements; deposit checks; reconcile outstanding items.
- Generate, analyze and distribute weekly cash reports, transfer cash between accounts, replenish accounts, incoming and outgoing wire transfers and distributions (with respect to underlying ownership structures).
- Monitor and evaluate the timeliness and accuracy of maintenance of the general and detail ledgers, review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Process vendor 1099’s.
- Assist with due diligence coordination and efforts for new acquisitions, refinance efforts, audits, etc.
- Ability to understand loan documents, review and process monthly debt service bills and assist with associated reporting requirements.
- Review annual real property assessment notices and participate in protest process with third party advisors. Review real estate tax bills to assure assessments properly reflected.
- Directly oversee accounting personnel and assure proper internal control procedures are maintained.
- Review and reconcile monthly pay application information with responsibilities for other job costing processes.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and/or 5+ years of progressive experience within a public and/or private accounting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent communication, writing/composition, and interpersonal skills, highly analytical and organized with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment; multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction as well as with a team, prioritize, think critically and proactively, and meet critical deadlines.
- Previous experience in multi-family real estate or professional property management preferred. Prior experience in construction is helpful.
- Experience with property management software – RealPage/One Site preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. We are a DFW/EOE.
Job Type: Full-time