Please let me know your interest in the below position
Role: Linux Administrator
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 12+ contract
Job ID: OCTO - DCAS- Linux Administrator - 621757
Interview Process: In person interview only
The Office of the Chief Technology Officer is looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, managing and monitoring the system infrastructure.
The incumbent will collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. The incumbent will become an integral part of the team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
Experienced Linux Administrator with proven professional experience in the design,
Development, configuration management, administration and monitoring of a Linux infrastructure.
- Candidate will provide systems administration on a variety of Linux/Unix devices, including the following: application server support, design and build new infrastructure environments to host applications and databases, in on-premise (VMware) and cloud (AWS) infrastructures.
- Participate as a member of a large, multi-disciplinary team that works cooperatively to ensure supported applications are available to support the customers mission
- Follow processes, procedures and associated documentation in compliance with Information Systems development and security standards and government guidelines relative to securing personal information maintained in systems
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation relative to the planning, installation and administration of all supported systems
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot application issues/defects * Implement data integration and data access solution via web services (REST API, SOAP, XML)
- Execution and monitoring of system resources and utilities * Administer, monitor and maintain system level security
- Apache, MySQL, nginx installation and configuration.
- Drupal Administration
- Working experience in Advanced Configuration, high-availability clustering, performance tuning and troubleshooting Tomcat/APEX systems
- Understanding multi-tier web application architecture
- System / Application integration and automation experience
- Tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
- 7 Years of Professional experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments.
- 5 Years of Professional experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- 3 Years of Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- 5 Years of Proven professional familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc.
- 5 Years of Professional experience with virtualization technologies, such as vmWare.
- 5 Years of Professional exp. mentoring junior technical staff.
- 5 Years of Proven professional ability to build and monitor services on production servers.
- 5 Years of Professional knowledge of servers and switches.
- 5 Years of Professional knowledge of Drupal, especially Drupal Administration is strongly preferred.
- 11-15 yrs conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty
- 11-15 yrs preparing complex technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
Thanks & Regards
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 to $85.00 /year
Full Time Opportunity: