Cytrellis, a venture-backed medical technology company, is developing a new, proprietary
category of micro-coring devices designed to remove sagging skin associated with aging,
without surgery or scarring. The devices have the potential to provide aesthetic practitioners with
an unprecedented ability to improve age related changes in skin and restore youthful beauty.
Cytrellis is dedicated to working with leading physicians to develop unique product solutions
which emphasize safety, clinical results and improved quality of life.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with manufacturing partners to ensure they are
producing high quality and cost-effective products by driving manufacturing transfer and
production activities. This individual will also provide R&D with design and supplier
selection/evaluation feedback ensuring product manufacturability. This role will be supporting
the scale-up of new manufacturing lines and the daily production for existing products. The
Manufacturing Engineer may be required to perform all or a combination of the following
essential responsibilities as determined by necessity. This position will report to the Director of
Manufacturing. This role will be located in the Company’s Woburn, MA office.
- Support of all internal manufacturing and process development activities.
- Support manufacturing process development and validation, either in-house or at contract
manufacturers with focus on product quality.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues, providing engineering and quality input to
- Support of existing product transfers and new product startups with potential contract
- Develop processes that support scale up of manufacturing capacity.
- Support test planning, development, and execution. Work with R&D to define test
requirements, as well as contract manufacturers and external test equipment development
- Development of manufacturing process validation protocols and reports, both internally
and at contract manufacturing partners.
- Support R&D to develop high quality products that are manufacturable, reliable, and
299C Washington Street, Woburn, MA 01801
Manufacturing Engineering Job Description
Experience & Training:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of medical device manufacturing experience required.
- Experience in developing manufacturing processes for electro-mechanical medical
- Experience is designing and developing manufacturing and test fixtures.
- Experience in the use of vision and leak detection systems.
- Knowledge of electronics, plastics, and metal manufacturing in medical device new
product introductions, manufacturing, technical transfers, and supply chain.
- Experience in sourcing materials to support product development initiatives, electronics
based medical device finished products manufacturing, and assembly-oriented
- Experience with ISO 13485 compliant medical device projects and manufacturing
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Working knowledge of Quality System elements including Design Controls, Design
History File (DHF), Device Master Record (DMR), Device History Record (DHR),
- Familiarity with SPC, Experimental Design and Statistical Sampling techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, project management and presentation skills, with the ability to
clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to present and
effectively communicate complex technical data to audiences of various backgrounds and
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with
shifting priorities, and multiple deadlines.
- Working knowledge of statistics software packages such as Minitab, and standard Project
Management tools such as MS Project/Smartsheets, Excel, Word, etc.
- The ability to collaborate with all levels of management in a matrix environment
- Availability to travel up to ~20%, when necessary.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.