The Kitchen Porter, under the direction of the Food Service Director, maintains sanitation and organization of the kitchen for the health, comfort and safety of residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. These services are consistent with the Home's standards and philosophy and are in compliance with all regulations, codes, policies and procedures that govern the facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform necessary action for dish and pot washing and general kitchen cleaning duties, to include, but not limited to, floors (sweep and mop), walls, shelves, storage areas, receiving areas, meeting rooms.
- Set up and break down dish machine and pot washing area according to community policy.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes, and utensils according to proper procedure.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces, according to cleaning schedule and need.
- Wash all utensils, chinaware, eating utensils, and glassware for reset of dining rooms.
- Clean dish room including washing floor, floor mats, dish machine and stainless steel.
- Sweep and mop dish room and kitchen floors, storage areas, and walk-in coolers as directed by schedule or supervisor.
- Empty, wash and sanitize trash containers for dish room and kitchen.
- Maintain standards of personal appearance and cleanliness.
- Maintain and follow safe and sanitary policies and conditions.
- Properly label, date, rotate and store all food and dry supplies upon received orders.
- Maintain all walk in coolers and freezers with proper food rotation (FIFO), organization and cleanliness.
- Assist with storage of all food donations with guidance from cooks and supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
Standard schedule 1:00 pm-9:00 pm on assigned days, 5 days a week with flexible days off to accommodate business needs.
Job Type: Full-time