- High school or equivalent diploma
- 3+ years of experience in retail or customer facing environment, or 1+ years of Amazon experience
- 1+ year experience of floor leader or other leadership capacity, or 1+ years previous Amazon experience
Who are we?
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no checkout required. We created the world’s most advanced shopping technology so you never have to wait in line. With our Just Walk Out Shopping experience, simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take the products you want, and go! No lines, no checkout. (No, seriously.)
At Amazon Go we offer a curated selection of delicious ready-to-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options made by our chefs and favorite local kitchens and bakeries. Our selection of grocery essentials ranges from staples like bread and milk to artisan cheeses and locally made chocolates.
Who are you?
As a Lead Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You possess strong attention to detail, the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, willingness to learn new things, and a commitment to delighting our customers. You will assist the manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities.
What You Do:
- Ensure consistent execution of inventory workflow processes, guiding associates as needed including receiving, stocking and replenishing product
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
- Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product
- Work independently to complete tasks but also contributes to a team environment, helping peers as needed
- Be responsible for ensuring store and all surfaces are kept clean at all times
- Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using customer engagement strategies and model desired behavior for the rest of the team
- Help identify and communicate barriers and trends that contribute to the customer and associate experience and support the manager in building a strong store culture
- Troubleshoot and assist customers on-site, escalating issues to a manager as needed
- Work with a manager to maintain the physical safety and high quality standards of the store
- Open and close the location and make decisions independently to help customers, as required
- Provide ongoing training in areas including demo and selling skills, product knowledge, product quality training, and store operations, and assist manager in identifying training needs
- Support associate onboarding and helps them develop in their roles through on-the-spot feedback and coaching on processes and standards
- Work in a fast changing and ambiguous environment
- Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Obtain local food handling certification, if required
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- Experience managing inventory in a retail or distribution setting
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated positive work attitude and leadership skills
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous experience in providing on the spot feedback to peers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.