- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Experience in 24x7 production environments
- 4+ years Linux experience
- 4+ years technical support or operations experience
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community and Defense agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve unique technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies and become a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet? AWS Storage Automation and Message (SAM) is seeking System Engineers to operate and advance mission critical services.
We're looking for a System Engineer to join our team in either our Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA locations. In this role, the candidate will support storage services such as Elastic File Service (EFS), DataSync, Storage Gateway, FSx, and others). The role requires working in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver this cutting-edge service to our customers.
AWS cloud storage is a critical component of cloud computing, holding the information used by applications. Big data analytics, data warehouses, Internet of Things, databases, and backup and archive applications all rely on some form of data storage architecture. Cloud storage is typically more reliable, scalable, and secure than traditional on-premises storage systems.
AWS offers a complete range of cloud storage services to support both application and archival compliance requirements. Select from object, file, and block storage services as well as cloud data migration options to start designing the foundation of your cloud IT environment.
We’re recruiting engineers who are focused on operational excellence, enjoy troubleshooting complex issues, and are customer obsessed. To succeed in this role, you'll need a solid understanding of Linux, networking and general knowledge of cloud services.
- Experience with networking
- Experience scripting in Bash and Python
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
- Experience with network based storage solutions
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age