A strong Scientific and technological pioneering spirit drives bioMérieux development since its creation in 1963. We design innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions for our customers that initiate new forms of scientific partnerships to be at the forefront of the most advanced technologies. Our presence in more than 150 countries with 9,400 employees worldwide secures bioMérieux commitment to public health.
bioMérieux products are used to diagnose infectious diseases, they provide high medical value results for cancer screening and monitoring, cardiovascular emergencies and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Products also include industrial microbiological controls to detect microorganisms in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, announces today the acquisition of Astute Medical Inc., a company dedicated to improving the diagnosis of high-risk medical conditions and diseases through the identification and validation of protein biomarkers. In particular, Astute developed the NEPHROCHECK® test, an FDA-cleared test for the early risk assessment of acute kidney injuries (AKI) based on the level of two biomarkers, IGFBP-7 (Insulin-like Growth Factor-Binding Protein-7) and TIMP-2 (Tissue Inhibitor Metalloproteinases-2).
Astute Medical, Inc. is an in-vitro diagnostics company dedicated to improving health outcomes through the identification, validation and commercialization of novel biomarker tests. The Company's first FDA-cleared product is the NephroCheck Test. The test helps clinicians to assess the risk of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) before damage occurs, allowing an opportunity to consider patient management strategies that may mitigate the incidence or severity of one of healthcare's most prevalent and costly challenges.
The NEPHROCHECK® test is intended to be used in conjunction with clinical evaluation in patients who currently have or have had within the past 24 hours acute cardiovascular and or respiratory compromise and are intensive care unit (ICU) patients as an aid in the risk assessment for moderate or severe AKI within 12 hours of patient assessment. The NEPHROCHECK® test System is intended to be used in patients 21 years of age or older. NEPHROCHECK® received 510(k)-clearance through the FDA's de novo classification and is CE-marked and available in Europe. For more information on the NEPHROCHECK® test visit www.nephrocheck.com
The position of Territory Director will be responsible for creating and managing the Astute business within the assigned territory. The individual in this position will bring a high level of experience to a dynamic, growing, fast-paced environment. This position requires taking a proactive leadership role, working with 3rd party partners and an internal team, to effectively manage, expand and grow product revenue.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a territory that could 3 states.
- Effectively position and sell the NephroCheck Test to CV Surgeons, Hospitalists, Intensivists, Nephrologist, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Medical Officers, Laboratory administration, and Quality.
- Call on a minimum of 2 Hospital locations per day with multiple call points in each.
- Log-in to Salesforce.com at least three times per week to maintain active account records to be reviewed regularly with the Regional Sales Director.
- Use SFDC to develop a 30, 60, 90 day rolling forecast and to develop a yearly territory business plan.
- Help plan field travel with you Regional Sales Director as requested.
- Actively work with the Astute 3rd party business partner on sales call preparation, territory management and planning, sales calls and group presentations. This will include regular co-travel days with the partner and could include help with training on Astute products.
- Support Astute 3rd party business partners will all aspects of the sales and implementation process by being the Astute product expert within the territory assigned.
- Establish use of Salesforce.com as a key territory planning and forecasting tool within the region.
- Develop and manage key thought leaders within the territory to help educate customers on the value of the Astute products.
- Develop a yearly regional territory plan and account forecast that will be rolled up to the RBM and then to the VP of Sales.
- Actively participate in field sales strategy and product positioning directly to the end user.
- Support and drive programs and milestones to motivate Astute's business partners.
- Work with the Marketing team to execute Marketing Plans to include - New Product Launch, Market Development, Distributor Training, Speakers Bureau and Publication Strategy.
- Be available for field travel with key stakeholders from the Astute home office that could include Senior Management, R&D, and Marketing, Market Research, Technical/Customer support or other parties.
- Actively provide market feedback from customers in order to help drive product improvements, marketing strategies and new product development prioritization.
- Work effectively with all internal departments such as regulatory, quality, R&D, sales, technical support and customer support.
- Identify market opportunities to advance product penetration to include symposium, trade shows, and customer education events.
- Identify important industry and medical groups to join and events valuable to participate within.
- Research and evaluate competitive trends to identify threats and opportunities.
- Bachelors or Master Degree in business related major with a minimum of 10 years sales experience within the medical marketplace.
- Experience launching new novel medical diagnostic products a plus.
- Experience selling and marketing medical diagnostic products utilized in the acute care settings like the surgery suite, intensive care unit and emergency department.
- Extensive experience and knowledge selling and marketing products that require intense clinical positioning and market development.
- Experience meeting and selling to hospital administration positioning product value.
- Proven ability to successfully contribute to the revenue growth.
- Proven success growing territory sales and sales achievement.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to understand and interpret a variety of scientific and clinical literature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and makes decisions by considering impact from all relevant perspectives; able to verbalize decisions in a thorough and effective manner.
- Holds self and others accountable for adherence to high work and ethical standards.