Poten is seeking a Consultant to join our Houston office, with the following duties:
- Lead Poten’s NGL consulting endeavors under the guidance of the heads of Poten’s LPG brokerage and LNG and Natural Gas industries consulting departments.
- Develop Poten’s NGL consulting business, including development and implementation of a plan to cross-leverage NGL, LNG and natural gas in North American consulting.
- Lead commercial and marketing consulting assignments related to NGLs.
- Coordinate and participate in technical and shipping consulting assignments relating to NGLs, in collaboration with Poten technical and marine specialists.
- Supervise Poten’s London-based NGL analyst in: producing supply, demand and price forecasts and maintaining related models; developing and maintaining standard slide packs on commercial, market, technical and shipping trends for use in consulting assignments; and developing and maintaining data bases.
- Provide analytical and business development support to Poten’s LPG brokerage and LNG consulting teams.
- Assist Poten’s LNG and natural gas analytics team through data, analysis and modelling of: short-term LNG trade and derivatives, small-scale LNG and bunkering.
The candidate should have ten years of relevant work experience and a background in economics, business or engineering. He or she should be able to demonstrate deep knowledge of natural gas industries in the US and internationally. Candidate should have a strong existing network of relevant connections. Prior energy consulting experience is highly desirable.
- Initiative: High energy level, poise and professionalism. Effectively leads groups in framing problems and developing effective solutions. Identifies areas for extension of consulting business and moves proactively to establishing capabilities and presence there.
- Commercial: Able to successfully develop and negotiate consulting assignments. Needs little coaching to manage clients and projects in ways that lead to favorable client feedback. Leads and manages consulting engagements.
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relations with colleagues and peers. Works comfortably as part of a team, responsive to group priorities and flexible in meeting individual deadlines. Drives opportunities to share icap in effective and low-stress way across organization. Ensures deliverables align with other team members.
- Analytical: Able to research and quantitatively analyze industry data and information. Strong computer and modelling skills. Able to develop and maintain useful and accessible models and data bases.
- Communication: Able to synthesize accurately and present quantitative and qualitative information in an eloquent and concise manner both verbally and in writing. Able to produce reports with a strong story line that meet client's needs and are strongly supported with data and analysis. Produces compelling reports in PowerPoint or Word format.
- Time management: Able to manage time pressure and meet requests with tight delivery deadlines. Ensures projects consistently delivered on time and closed out.
Job Type: Full-time