This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus!
- 2-year commitment, $10,000; 3-year commitment, $20,000
- Current UPMC employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus program.
Why Join UPMC?
We don’t just take care of patients — we take care of our team, too. And we have the data to prove it.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect from an industry leader, you’ll have access to:
- AN AWARD-WINNING WORKPLACE: UPMC is ranked #1 for Best Places to Work for Women & Diverse Managers by Diversity MBA.
- A premier benefits package designed to support your total well-being — physically, financially, and emotionally
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan assistance
- Premium compensation with an hourly rate at $48/hour (with an additional $2/hour in shift differential). Drive time and mileage reimbursement for some assignments.
- Flexible work schedules that fit into your lifestyle needs
- Ability to expand your professional network, working hand-in-hand with nationally recognized physicians and advanced practice providers while you gain experience in multiple hospitals throughout the UPMC system
- Opportunity to gain highly desirable skills and exposure to specialties, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative electronic health records that build an impressive resume and career
- UPMC is immediately hiring full-time, permanent Echo Sonographers who are interested in joining our UPMC Travel Staffing team! This team is UPMC’s newly created internal travel agency, paired with UPMC’s fantastic benefits. These Echo Sonographers will travel on six-week assignments to inpatient and outpatient locations within a set region. You will work within one of the following regions - Central PA and Northwest PA. During the 6-week assignments, there will typically be 2 locations assigned within the set region.
- If travel accommodations are needed due to on-call requirements, expenses will be reimbursed by UPMC.
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures as necessary and adheres strictly to the universal protocol standards.
- Obtains appropriate echocardiographic images according to department policy and industry standards, including M-Mode, 2D, Doppler, Color Flow Doppler, Transesophageal echo, echo enhancement, bubble and contrast studies, and Stress echocardiography.
- Performs Cardiac Ultrasound procedures according to guidelines established by the Medical Director. Procedures must be performed in the established time frame and according to established protocol. Procedures include Transthoracic Echocardiography, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography, and Echo with contrast.
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image data/documentation.
Across UPMC, our guiding principle is to always prioritize the safety of our employees, patients, and members. UPMC believes that vaccination is important, helps protect all, and advocates that everyone who can be vaccinated should be vaccinated.
UPMC complies with all governmental requirements related to local, state, and federal COVID-19 vaccination for employment.
The Jan. 13th Supreme Court of the United States decision that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services federal COVID-19 vaccine mandate will move forward requires UPMC to ensure individuals either get vaccinated or receive a requested exemption by Jan. 27th. For individuals who choose an mRNA vaccine, a second dose of Pfizer or Moderna must be received by Monday, Feb. 28th, or within the designated timeframe after your first dose is received.
- One year experience required.
- Completion of formal training in an accredited ultrasound program or professional equivalent required.
- Demonstrated competence in echocardiography sonography.
- Must work 40 hours per week, 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period, including but not limited to weekend shifts, evening/overnight call and 3 UPMC holidays (Memorial Day or July 4th; Labor Day or Thanksgiving Day; Christmas Day or New Years Day)
- Must work 5, 8-hour shifts
- Must travel to all UPMC hospital and outpatient offices within the region hired. Regions include Southwestern PA, Central PA, Northwestern PA & NY and West Central PA & Maryland.
- Must rotate assignments on 6-week basis with potential to redeploy to another facility mid-assignment.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer OR Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
- Certification in Adult, Pediatric, or Fetal echocardiography required.
Once you accept an offer – but before you start, you will need the following (we will provide instructions on how to obtain):
- OAPSA, Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting, Act 33 Child Clearance, Act 34 Criminal Clearance, and Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewals
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
At UPMC, we strive to ensure that diversity, inclusion, dignity, respect, and cultural awareness is at the core of everything we do. By fostering an environment where every member of our team has a voice, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, age, or culture, we aim to emphasize a simple point: who you are is important, and who you are has a place at UPMC.