Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate
Relocation Assistance Not Provided
- Hourly Compensation: $25.35/hr Health and Welfare Hourly Rate: $4.54/hr
- Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Retirement Plan & Professional Time Off
- Employment Status: Minimum 40 hrs/week; 24/7 on-call response required. This position will work 8 hours/day, 5 days/wk.
- Where: Malmstrom AFB, telework is not permitted.
Domestic Abuse Victim Advocates (DAVAs) will work with the United States Air Force (USAF) Family Advocacy Program (FAP) and provide 24/7 non-clinical crisis intervention services and ongoing support to USAF personnel, their family members, or intimate partners who are victims of domestic abuse whenever requested. These services include, but are not limited to: development of safety/risk assessments, explanation of victim's rights, creating safety plans, court/medical/legal accompaniment, and providing information and resources. In addition, DAVAs are required to promote a coordinated community response to domestic abuse and support FAP by providing System Advocacy, Education and Public Awareness services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines or related field:
- Social Work * Counseling or Behavioral Science
- Psychology * Criminal Justice
- Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling
Experience: Two years of experience assisting and providing advocacy services to victims of domestic abuse or sexual assault. DAVAs shall have knowledge of military programs, organizations, chain of command, unit missions, life styles, and situations that contribute to family stress, problems and crisis situations.
Health Requirements: DAVAs must provide proof of immunization from the following diseases according to CDC guidelines: * Hepatitis B * Varicella * Measles * Influenza * Mumps * Proof of a negative TB skin test (completed within the past 12 months) * Rubella
Skills Required: DAVAs must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to input, retrieve, and format documentation via various database/software.
DAVA personnel working within an MTF must maintain current certification in either the American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS) (Course C) or the American Red Cross CPR/BLS (Heart Saver) Course.
For More Information, visit our website at www.adcmgt.com and click on the "Work with Us!" Tab.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.35 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Malmstrom AFB, MT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Advocate for victims suffering from DV: 2 years (Required)
- managing a crisis line: 1 year (Required)
- Crisis intervention: 2 years (Required)
- working with families affiliated with the military: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- NACP Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location