Automated Software Development Engineer in Test ~ SDET (Remote United States):
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking an Automated Software Development Engineer in Test ~ SDET with experience creating automated software tools to verify and quantify the quality of the produced software. The right candidate is a self-driven individual with passion for innovation, who will collaborate closely with developers, understand code and write automated integration and regression tests.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture:.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Develop and maintain test automation processes in alignment with the project and/or organization’s standards and tools
- Create automated software tools to verify and quantify the quality of the produced software
- Mature and evolve test architecture through the evaluation and adoption new automation tools, techniques and practices
- Ability to do automation testing but also manual/black box testing if that’s the need.
- Participate in early story development and design sessions to suggest and assist in acceptance criteria, boundary tests, and automation plans
- Once story is ready to be tested, execute test cases and provide detailed and timely feedback
- Uncover, document and track defects Improve test case execution eﬃciency and test coverage
- Perform manual and automated Functional, Performance and End to End Product and System tests
- Create training documentation & conduct knowledge transfer sessions Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with the Engineering and Product teams to deliver quality software iteratively Integrate QA processes into Software Development & Release Cycles
- The technologies you’ll be using: Source Control: github CI/CD: Jenkins Repository Manager: Nexus Containerization: Kubernetes, Tectonic, Docker Cloud Computing: AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, EC2, EC2 Autoscaling, Cognito and others Programming Languages and Frameworks: Java, Groovy, Spring Boot Code Control: SonarQube Data Storage: MySQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, AuroraDB Testing Frameworks and tools: TestNg, RestAssured, RestTemplate, Selenium WebDriver, Jmeter, Blazemeter, WireMock and others ...
Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
Skills & Experience:
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects
- Perform manual and exploratory testing as needed
- 3+ years of professional experience in Software Test Automation in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment - framework creation and deployment, test automation design and maintenance
- 2+ yrs. testing RESTful APIs - manual and automated 2+ yrs. using/contributing to Java based automation framework
- 1+ yrs. using Jenkins (as user), Git (as contributor), SonarQube (as user)
- 1+ yrs. using Project Management/Defect Tracking Systems such as JIRA or Rally.
- 1+ yrs. experience using SQL and Non-SQL databases
- 1+ yrs. developing in Java8
- 1+ yrs. experience in performance/load testing with any of: Jmeter, Gatling, Locust, Taurus Experience with Java libraries such as Gson and Guava is preferred
- Proficient with programming in Java
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Zephyr Tool
- Proficient in the understanding and application of Quality Engineering best practices and methodologies, along with proven experience in applying standards on major projects and product releases
- Proven ability to initiate the sharing knowledge and experiences to facilitate continuous improvement
- Must have experience with CI/CD tools, e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo
- Prepare and analyze test results to aid in problem solving and facilitate decision-making.
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Spring Java is preferred.
- Experience with Swagger or similar frameworks is preferred.
- Experience automating UI (desktop, mobile, ott) applications, is a plus