Position Type: K-12 Teaching/English as a Second Language Teacher
ESL Teacher- District
Reports to: District Title III Coordinator
Michigan State Certification as an Elementary or Secondary Teacher
- Endorsement in ESL(NA) or Bilingual Education(YA-YT) preferred
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and successfully with parents/guardians of students.
- A willingness to commit to ongoing professional development.
- Effective communication skills in both English and Spanish is preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the Administration to ensure positive communication and inclusion of English Learner students
- Work in collaboration with the Administration to maintain systems to ensure a positive school climate for English Learners in the school community
- Develops and administers school curriculum consistent with Monroe Public Schools' goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs.
- Membership on the District English Learner Committee
- Coordinate the school's efforts in gathering data around achievement of English Learners
- Maintain confidentiality of student records
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the Administrator
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary or Secondary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree in related area preferred.
Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Supporting Credential Files should be completed and submitted via the Monroe Public Schools website, https://www.monroe.k12.mi.us/index.cfm, Employment Opportunities Link, AppliTrack.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
It is the policy of Monroe Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, religion, height, weight or marital status in its programs, services, employment, or any other activities. For information contact the office of the Superintendent of Schools, 1275 N. Macomb St., Monroe, MI 48162, 734-265-3070.
Email To A Friend