BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Do you want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously and you should too!
This role is on the AWS Infrastructure team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating our Cloud datacenters. We support operations, business development, and engineering. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
We are growing rapidly in existing regions as well as expanding into new regions. As a member of this team, you will work with regional AWS leadership to:
- Serve as the key business partner working directly with regional AWS management and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations. You must have the ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to your business partners. Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners
- Report weekly and monthly financial and operating metrics
- Manage the financial planning process. Model, analyze and forecast metrics that drive budgeting, forecasting and business decisions
- Be an integral member in the monthly financial close process and perform ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed
- Analyze business results for key takeaways to achieve business objectives
- Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business
- Preparing detailed financial models for business segments, drive business initiatives, and identify, implement, and deliver key operational efficiencies
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.