Lathrop Gage LLP, one of the nation's leading law firms, is seeking a Legal Secretary/Legal Administrative Assistant in our Intellectual Property practice area in our Los Angeles, CA office. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational and computer skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and a strong customer service and teamwork approach. A very high level of attention to detail, experience with electronic filing and file management systems is required. Our environment uses the Microsoft 2010 Suite, as well as a variety of other software.
- Provide administrative support to IP Partners, Partners, Of-Counsel, Paralegal and Patent Staff.
- Learn and perform various IP administrative processes and complete assigned responsibilities within deadlines.
- Review forms and correspondence from the US patent office and ensure documents are handled per department processes.
- Coordinate routine correspondence with law firms.
- Take direction and instruction from Partners, Paralegal and Patent Staff to perform other specific tasks.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 years of administrative experience (preferably in a legal capacity)
- Microsoft Word, Excel (advanced skills), PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability and desire to learn new systems
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
Preferred candidates will be bilingual in English and Korean to assist with heavy intellectual property work with Korean Clients.
Lathrop Gage LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop Gage does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop Gage without prior approval from the Talent Management Specialist will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop Gage. EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS