REQ ID: 8066-1
Job Title: Native iOS Engineer III
Period: 8/13/2018 - 2/13/2019
Location: Seattle WA 98109
Tell me about your department:
Best Buy has several Mobile app teams headquartered in Seattle. These are charged with owning the mobile apps from Best Buy, including apps on emerging non-PC platforms (Smart TV, Consoles, etc). This team’s primary focus is the iOS Retail app using iPhones and iPads to enable the multi-channel consumer electronics shopper to make better, more confident buying decisions, connect with product information, bridge the online and in-store experience, and activate support and service.
Mobile app native development for iOS using Swift to add Augmented Reality features to the Best Buy Retail iPhone app.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
What you'll do:
- Provide strong guidance and directly contribute to feature design, architecture, and implementation using native AR libraries
- Interact directly with peer developers, UX, Product Management, Design, QA and remote server-side engineering groups as part of a cohesive team
- Inspire others with your passion for mobile development
- Demonstrated experience with iOS app development using AR technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you must be comfortable in small and large groups and interacting with product teams, designers, and management
- Flexible problem solving ability
- Strong product focus; we expect everyone to do what is needed to deliver the best product for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both inside and outside the engineering team
- Someone who likes to create new things, both inside and outside the work environment
What would a normal day for this position look like??
We operate on two-week sprints within squad groups in an agile fashion. As part of your squad, you will participate in a daily standup, choose stories from the sprint to work on with other developers, and consult and collaborate with designers and product managers. We are mainly developing native apps with some hybrid web views. Developers are expected to understand mobile interaction patterns, standards and capabilities.
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- 8-10 years of development experience, 5 of which must be mobile
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid understanding of 3D programming
- Deep understanding of mobile, client-server development
- Experience developing apps
- Released apps into the App store (or open source)
- Design and architecture knowledge
- Experience with Agile software development
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
Swift (preferred) or Objective-C
SceneKit or similar technology (e.g., OpenGL, Unity 3D)
3D math fundamentals, including scalars, vectors, matrices, translation, rotation, othogonality, etc.
Xcode and Interface Builder
UIKit and Foundation
CoreML framework – nice to have
Vision framework – nice to have
Asynchronous RESTful APIs and JSON – nice to have
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates:
We envision a wide variety of ways that Augmented Reality can improve the customer experience. Tell us, in your opinion, of some different ways that you think AR can improve the customer experience. These experiences can occur in a Best Buy store, in a home environment, or anywhere you see value in adding AR.
Interview Process Overview (Interviewing ASAP):
For local candidates – Approximately 45 minute phone interview
For non-local candidates – Approximately 45 minute Skype or phone interview
must include on resume if non-local candidates can fly in for in person interview
Job Type: Contract