Human Resources Manager for Company 3
Company 3 is a comprehensive post production studio for features, commercials and music videos. Known for its creative color artistry, pioneering technology and global reach, Company 3 is trusted to deliver a quality product every time. It is home to one of the largest and most talented pools of colorists and finishing artists working in post-production today with a client list that includes many of the most respected and talented film and entertainment professionals in the industry.
The Human Resources Manager is fully dedicated to internal clients; understanding their needs and their challenges, developing and implementing better people management practices, sharing the responsibility for the goals and target delivery. The HR Manager helps senior executives and managers to develop more empowered teams that are aligned with the needs of the business strategy.
We are seeking a service oriented and business attentive individual who will build trusted partnerships with department leaders. The HR Manager works as a strategic partner to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of HR programs and services that support the development of organizational and talent capability throughout our assigned client group(s). The Senior HRBP contributes to the design and execution of all aspects of talent attraction, development and engagement. The role is based in Santa Monica, CA but will have partners and clients located throughout the U.S.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Align and integrate HR strategies, goals and practices to support ongoing business challenges;
- Enable rapid expansion and ramp up productivity of HR initiatives & activities into new countries/regions to support business needs;
- Drive change management programs and culture initiatives as necessary to scale, grow, and meet business objectives;
- Partner with business leaders and talent acquisition team to effectively identify, recruit, develop and retain high potential talent across the organization;
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop proactive HR solutions, programs and policies;
- Work closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, celebrate & build morale, foster reward and recognition activities, increase engagement and ensure retention;
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create career development plans and pathways to support employee growth
- Lead organization and design strategy discussions and planning with business leader(s)
- Participate in interview/selection process and decisions for leadership and key roles
- Lead and/or participate in all aspects of talent management with business leaders
- Provide guidance to clients to objectively assess and bring to resolution employee relations issues; identify any trends, root causes and solutions to improve organizational/team satisfaction
- Conduct coaching on various topics such as communications, performance management, employee relations, career growth, new management orientation and team performance
- Provide recommendations and input on decisions that involve unsatisfactory performance and/or policy violations
- Quickly and responsibly resolves employee relations issues, which may involve preparing and approving Performance Improvement Plans, conducting employee meetings, and internal & external investigations
- Partner with talent acquisition, finance, and managers to ensure workforce planning is on track, and that new hires are successfully integrated into their roles
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Business Insight – applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Promotes HR’s impact and how HR is an integral part of the company’s business strategy.
- Result Oriented – Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude.
- Proactive self-starter - takes full ownership of HR initiatives and promptly implements solutions while continuously updating key business stakeholders on progress
- Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Enjoys working collaboratively in a hands-on manner
- Decision Quality – makes thoughtful, factual/data driven, and complex decision in a timely manner that keep the organization moving forward
- Drives Engagement – partners with key stakeholders to create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Cultivates Innovation – Partners with internal teams in identifying and adopting new tools, methods, and technologies to improve HR management and processes
- Interpersonal Savviness – relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate. Self-starter.
- Drives Results – achieves results, even under tough circumstances, and takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Balances Stakeholders – anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Strategic Mindset – Has foresight of future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Instills Trust – gains and inspires the confidence and trust among others through honesty, integrity, authenticity, and consistent delivery of commitments
- Change Agent – Ability to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Continually creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Human Resources, Legal or a related discipline.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience in Human Resources.
- 3-5 years of leading HR organizations in the Creative and/or Entertainment Industry
- Must have supported employees at all levels including senior executives.
- Must think creatively and be comfortable in making contributions that go beyond strictly “labor” or “HR” issues and develop win/win solutions for the business.
- Experience leading complex change management efforts would be highly desirable.
- Strong employee relations experience and skills, along with deep knowledge of proper performance management processes.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is a requirement.
- Strong team player and willingness to help the Center of Excellence with related areas/projects as needed.
- Strong internal and external team builder
- Proven experience in change management, creation, delivery, and influencing of HR strategic programs based on business needs
- Must possess a broad range of priority setting skills to balance the day-to-day workload
- Must be approachable, flexible, adaptive, possess excellent communication skills
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Company 3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.