Kronos is looking for a Senior Software QA Engineer for its Customer Experience (CX) team. As a member of this team you will be responsible for designing and developing manual and automation tests targeted at verifying a highly available SAAS product. You will work as a member of a dispersed team delivering and testing at the system level, working closely with the product development and Cloud operations team. You’ll need to demonstrate strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, relentless curiosity, and a dedication to quality.
- Uses formal software QA methodologies to design product test environments that emulate typical customer use, configuration and load
- Implements metrics for product & project quality measurement to help drive necessary course corrections if required
- Develops and executes software test plans spanning multiple product sets and/or the suite using both automated and manual testing to ensure products meet design specifications and are within the specified quality standards
- Able to perform all testing activities as defined by the Kronos software development process
- Participates in projects, programs and business initiatives in the area of expertise using demonstrated knowledge and experience in quality methods
- Considers multiple solutions to problems through existing and new methodologies
- Advises team on technical issues in area of expertise
- Communicates with product management, quality analysts & engineers, subject matter experts, product owners, and product developers to develop testing strategies, stories, and resolutions for product issues and/or customer-reported issues.
- Works as an expert and facilitates in setting directions for issues and projects of high complexity
- Coaches junior members of the team from a technical & domain perspective
- Grows the technical knowledge & expertise of the team
- Works with cross-functional teams (Sales/Presales, Services/Support, Ed Services) to gain more knowledge and experience about our customers in order to enhance our test suites
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working as a QA Engineer or Software Engineer in test
- Experience with workforce management enterprise applications and knowledge of customer usage of such applications would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience creating software test automation in a highly scalable and reliable web application/platform environment
- Self-directed with ability to work effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members across continents and across different time zones
- Testing approaches & concepts – (e.g. testing through Application Programming Interface (API), selecting the appropriate approach, Black / Grey / White Box test approaches, etc.)
- Different types of tests – unit tests, volume tests, compatibility tests, bandwidth tests, integration tests, web-stress tests, system tests, etc.
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.