NBC Entertainment develops and schedules the network’s primetime, late-night, and daytime entertainment programming. NBC’s quality programs and balanced line-up have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards and ratings success, including most recently winning the traditional September-to-May season in primetime’s key demo, marking the network’s third win in four years. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
The NBCE Market Research intern works closely with the Market Intelligence group to assist with research projects over the course of the semester; learn and utilize Nielsen Research Application to establish advertising spend, program ratings, and audience impressions; run and distribute daily overnight ratings to NBCE productions and distribution teams; assist with consumer behaviour research requests to support sales advertising teams; handle additional administrative tasks as needed.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
- Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
- Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
- Desired Backgrounds: Advertising, Business, Communications, Data Analytics, Marketing, Media Studies, Public Relations, Research
- Desired Characteristics: Interest in the business aspects of television, basic Excel knowledge, rich numerical and analytical skillset; previous research or entertainment internship experience
Sub-BusinessCampus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.