Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
As our company grows and we expand our team, Glassdoor is looking for exceptional Java Engineers interested in helping improve security across our website.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a central role in the design and development of the Glassdoor Jobs Platform. The ideal candidate will have a passion for development and a strong background in building dynamic, high-volume back-end systems with Java using an Agile development methodology. You should be able to apply the best engineering practices to build a job application experience to easily integrate across multiple partners.
In this role you work with a nimble, fast-growing, rapidly innovative and collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers based out of downtown San Francisco – so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly – we look for people that can prioritize, multitask, and deliver – because it's a lot more fun to get things done.
Skills and Requirements:
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume systems.
- Passion in creating best-in-class software and following best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency and memory management.
- Proficient with open source Java technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, and Struts.
- Strong understanding of security topics - XSS, CSRF, Password Hashing, IDOR, SQLi.
- Proficient working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies such as Redis and Riak.
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices.
- Hands on experience working in an AWS cloud security environment, would be a plus.
- Knowledge of web application security, browser security models, and application security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top Ten.
- Understanding of network attacks, DDoS, Phishing, email protocols/security/spam, encryption, authentication, logging and log analysis, IP and device reputation, and security rules and policies.
- Extra Bonus Points: you're fun to be around!
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.