Join a growing team that has shaped on-site digital experiences for clients such as NASA, Virginia Tech, Kings Dominion, Crowne Plaza, and a variety of International deployments for various Fortune 500 Companies.
Mvix, a leading digital signage provider in the Dulles Technology Corridor is offering an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Associate with a specialization in Linux.
Job duties include but are not limited to assembling custom linux computers, installing application-specific software, working with bleeding-edge components, and learning fascinating applications of the x86\_64 architecture.
The technical associate will be part of a dynamic team of R&D associates, support agents, UI/UX developers and production associates, and will provide support for an exciting software product that was recently voted Best in Show at InfoComm 2017 and that also won the Best Software DIGI Award (2017). The software drives our SaaS model and cloud-based applications for digital signage solutions, video walls, and interactive kiosk systems.
We offer flexible hours and we are looking for both part-time and full-time associates. The hours are Monday-Friday between 8 AM - 5 PM. This Role is in-office and reports to our HQ in Sterling, VA
This is an entry-level position, ideally suited for high school and college students or individuals looking to get started in the technology field. Students from ITT-tech, NOVA, GMU, Virginia Tech etc. are encouraged to apply. Self-learners thrive at our company.
Interested? Apply here https://mvixdigitalsignage.com/careers
- Initiative and problem solving capabilities
- Significant experience with Linux (Ubuntu, preferred) and BASH scripting
- Some experience with OS installs / imaging / driver compilations
- Basic knowledge of JAVA or Android OS
- Be well spoken and able to assist clients over the phone
Above all, have the desire to learn
Why is Mvix such an exciting place to work? We’ll let our accolades do the talking!
- Ranked in The 20 Best Companies to Watch in 2017 by Insights Success
- Acknowledged as one of the 50 Best Workplaces of 2016 by The Silicon Review
- Voted Best in Show at InfoComm 2017
- Awarded Best Digital Signage Software by DIGI (2017)
- generous PTO, sick leave and holidays
- health and dental insurance
- company-sponsored travel
- ongoing education opportunities
- competitive 401k match
- flexible hours (no weekend/overnight shifts)
- gym membership reimbursement
- company-funded professional development
- life insurance
- short-term disability insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- This is an In office Role
- Remote Interview process
- Personal protective masks provided and required
- Social distancing in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
We also get together for catered lunches, team-building events, town-hall meetings, spontaneous brainstorming sessions, birthdays, anniversaries & other milestone celebrations and happy hours.
Did we mention we are a pet-friendly environment?
Download the Mvix Interview Guide to start getting ready: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V63nqIQM\_8sNnrpSDUP7-zH0hvu9U1YG/view
we look forward to speaking with you soon!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you been with your current employer for at least 2 years?
Work Location: One location