Are you looking for a better work/life balance? Or thinking about returning to work after a break? Bay Business Group is a unique and successful Falls Church, VA accounting firm. We have a history of growth in our 20+ years, with staff tenure averaging 7 years, with more than a third of our staff on board for 10+ years. We specialize in serving small businesses and non-profit organizations in the Mid-Atlantic region. We use a systematic approach to partner with our clients where we provide a package services which includes monthly accounting, tax planning and preparation, payroll and business advice. In essence, we help small business owners and non-profit leaders be better organized, helping them grow and be more profitable while helping them save on taxes and meet their mission goals.
What this job is NOT:
- Overtime and overworked
- Extreme tax season crunch
- Putting up with jerks or ungrateful clients
- Punching on the clock
- Sink or swim without training
- Working by yourself
- Having to sell clients or be a rainmaker
- Old school practice with no systems
What this job IS: * Serving small business clients and non-profit organizations year-round.
- Surrounded by staff accountants and great teams
- Production incentives to decide how much you want to work and what you want to make.
- Collaborative and supportive team atmosphere
- Continuous learning and improvementResponsibilities:
- Review monthly financial reports for your group of clients
- Build client relationships and communicate with monthly calls/emails
- Supervise bookkeepers in monthly production
- Prepare tax returns and estimates
- Provide tax planning and advice
- Assist and manage new client implementations
Qualifications: * CPA license or EA designation
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Good working knowledge of financial statements, Quickbooks Pro and Quickbooks Online
- 3 years of tax compliance experience (1040, sole proprietorship, S-and C-corps, LLC, and Partnerships.
- The ideal candidate will have significant computer experience, as we are a paperless office, heavy on the technology side.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $126,479.57 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
We have a COVID-19 policy in place and follow all CDC and Virginia Department of Health guidelines
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Falls Church, VA 22042: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person